• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zopot

zopot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ranger (2004) Thunder 2.5 Diesel
Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

My Ford Ranger Thunder 2004 2.5 is making a loud whinning and clattering noise when i power up and put the engien under load,It also seems to take a while to achieve full revs making a bit sluggish. I suspect it is the turbo on its way out.But thought someone might have experienced the same and could confirm my fears before i let go of any cash on a new torbo unit.
I am completly new to the forum so Hi to everyone.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dervdave

dervdave

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: none
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

My Ford Ranger Thunder 2004 2.5 is making a loud whinning and clattering noise when i power up and put the engien under load,It also seems to take a while to achieve full revs making a bit sluggish. I suspect it is the turbo on its way out.But thought someone might have experienced the same and could confirm my fears before i let go of any cash on a new torbo unit.
I am completly new to the forum so Hi to everyone.

Hi zopot, you probably assume right about the turbo ,I`ve a TDCi model so obviously a different motor and can hardly hear the turbo.
When did you last change the engine oil ?
Try putting a quarter of a litre of two stroke oil in a full tank of diesel to see what difference it makes.

#3 zopot

zopot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ranger (2004) Thunder 2.5 Diesel
Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi zopot, you probably assume right about the turbo ,I`ve a TDCi model so obviously a different motor and can hardly hear the turbo.
When did you last change the engine oil ?
Try putting a quarter of a litre of two stroke oil in a full tank of diesel to see what difference it makes.

Thanks for your reply.Fitted a new turbo weekend and the state of the old one was a real mess. All the blades were broken and twisted.It now drives like a new engien did not realize how much power i had lost. I think it was probably knackerd when i bought the truck.Thanks again for you advice.zopot

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users