Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Is My Insurance Likely To Go Up By?

laumk7

I had to make a (3rd) claim this morning following being involved in a hit and run (she hit me then drove off), I managed to get a partiall on her reg plate which has now gone through to local officers whatever that means?

She's taken some of my paint off so I had to proceed with a claim regardless, but I did give insurers incident number

Of my witnesses one is refusing saying I deserved it ?!?! Another is happy to be a witness. Is there anything I can do about the chump who's refusing?

it's a civil case and you can't force anyone to be a witness and probably best to leave him be if he's not cooperating.

How bad is the damage? wondering about cost of repair vs excess and increase in claims?

Think of a number then double it add 100 then multiply by your age lol

Sorry to hear that there's some scum around she'll probably say she didn't know she'd hit you. Hope the insurance hike is not too much

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Make the most of the witness who is co-operating and hope the TP can be traced.

A 3rd claim on your insurers will hammer your next premium regardless of fault.

sadly I have to agree, I think your looking at a fair whack, it depends what you already pay, but expect to pay 20 - 30 percent more.

theirs some right %"^£" holes out there, unfortunately if it all goes to pot no telling what it will increase by, insurance to me is a confusing game, 10 years no claims and im paying 90quid a month haha

Are you sure your not insuring a ferrari for 1000 miles a day?

theirs some right %"^£" holes out there, unfortunately if it all goes to pot no telling what it will increase by, insurance to me is a confusing game, 10 years no claims and im paying 90quid a month haha

Ouch! I have 3 years ncb and only pay £260 a year

i live in the bronx lol

Update: police have found her and spoken to her apparently she's giving the didn't know she'd done it story

Long story short she wants to settle outside of insurance, thing is though I've already started a claim with my insurers, if I give her details it goes as a non fault claim for me, but if I decide to settle outside of insurance I'm still going to have that ring around my collar aren't i ? Settling outside is only going to benefit her insurance surely?

Help I need advice on this one

As you've already reported it to your insurance company the damage is already done.

Proceed with the claim, at least then her insurance will take a hit too.

Her fault therefore her costs.

Sent from my S5

Yes as Clive said your insurers already know so it remains on your record.

Some insurers now increase your premium per incident regardless of blame or protected bonus.

All you can really do is decide to go through your insurers and claim it back or just get the money directly from her.

Whatever happens keep your insurers informed.

And make sure you claim your excess off her insurance as well

• Like 1

All arrangements have been made for my car to be collected for repair, courtesy car given etc. the scratch is right back to bare metal / plastic how long roughly is this going to take til I get the car back?

Also can I chase that she's prosecuted? She's claiming she didn't know she'd done it which I find extremely hard to believe and drove off, my sheer fortune I was there to take her reg number

She can be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident under Section 170 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

She could get 5 points or more.

Did she report the accident to her insurers?

If not then they will hammer her.

Sent from my S5

as the victim I am sure you will get the full volume of updates as and when they happen!

She can be prosecuted for leaving the scene of an accident under Section 170 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

She could get 5 points or more.

Did she report the accident to her insurers?

If not then they will hammer her.

Sent from my S5

She reported only after police had visited her, I made sure when her insurers called me I told them she drove off and I only got details from police

I really hate to think shed gotten away with it (insurance aside) as it happened right outside a primary school

she was lucky that there wasnt any small persons injured!

At least your getting the issue resolved at mostly her expense! its a shame though, but at least as well its on the police radar!

This happened to my son last year, woman drove out of her drive straight into side of his car drove off. Police traced her and did b****r all about it after she claimed she didn't know she had hit him, this is his car after

post-38083-0-45365300-1404768459_thumb.j

Evidently her bumper was covered in red paint, her car was blue, and hanging off

For your accident I wouldn't hold your breath that the police will act I'm afraid.

Oh geeze! That sucks

Surely in cases like this they can use descretion that they're obviously lying, as I was saying to my husband yesterday I don't know what's worse: her saying she didn't know she'd done it, or the copper believing her!

There is no way that two cars can collide without both parties knowing it, if its a light slap and just a slight noise then you can get away with it if your deaf, but most the time, whenever to parts clash you actually feel it through the car, so really although the officer can only take her word for it, he will know what language shes speaking and it probably rhymes with fit...

• Like 3

As my son said if had been him hitting her and driving off he'd have spent time in a cell

• Like 1

Got my courtesy car late yesterday, a black corsa! Urrgh bluergh etc

Can't wait for my car to come back, hoping for the fastest turnaround ever!

Got my courtesy car late yesterday, a black corsa! Urrgh bluergh etc

Can't wait for my car to come back, hoping for the fastest turnaround ever!

That's just not nice making you drive a Corsa! :wacko: :P

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club