Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want To Join The Yorkshire / M1 South Ford Fair Convoy?

Philf1

Ditto Paul. Water has been beading lovely today.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

U done yours like mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Lol same here. Cleaning it tomorrow morning, even if it rains.

Same and if it rains will get in garage till the morning :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Yeh did it over a few days as I've been off work all week

Saturday had wheels off cleaned front and back and under wheel arches

Monday did the boot after trip to the tip and vacuumed inside and polished interior.

Tuesday engine bay cleaned.

Wednesday first wash and cleaned inside windows.

Thursday wash, clayed, 3 stage meguires polish and wax and waxed wheels.

On Saturday when get to campsite or Sunday early morning should just need a quick wipe with no water cleaner quick detailer and bumper care on the plastics and general wipe over and bingo!

I'm exatly the same just a quick wax and done :)

Mine won't be getting any of that special treatment, maybe a good polish if it's dry at any point tomorrow. Would be good to park next to yours Phil just to see how much difference all that effort makes :)

Mine won't be getting any of that special treatment, maybe a good polish if it's dry at any point tomorrow. Would be good to park next to yours Phil just to see how much difference all that effort makes :)

It better make a difference after all the effort but I guess with new cars it's too noticeable.

Mines not new looks new but isn't new haha :)

It better make a difference after all the effort but I guess with new cars it's too noticeable.

I know what u mean 7and half hours last weekend it took me and my arm was killing the next day. It has made a massive difference tho it just needs wiping clean now. And I found that sometimes just needs rinsing n then drying :) going to give it another wax tomorrow if dry. I was told to put two layers of wax on anyone else know bout this? If not sure it won't do it any harm lol

As long as u use the same product of wax for both layers other wise u will get a grease like look to your paint work if u mix wax products Orr could even strip all wax layers that have been built up :)

Cheers Paul yer it's same product only did it last week haha :)

Is it the same brand that u used last time out of same bottle

Yer exactly the same one got loads left. So I should too for the money I paid haha. Oh got a tip for anyone getting Halfords products on 3for2 make sure they scan the most expensive products 1st. Cause just read my receipt and u get the cheapest from that 3 free :) luckily I did this. I always thought say u buy like 12 products u get the 4 cheapest products free but obviously not haha

Cheers for that mate And yep that wax should be fine to double coat mate

• Like 1

Yeah with new cars there shouldn't be much in it. I bet if the 2 cars were much older it would be really easy to tell which ones have been properly cleaned. It's pretty hard to make a 3 month old car look bad anyway, that's what I'm counting on, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning :)

And yeah I would think 2 layers of wax / polish would be good. Think of how people get really shiny shoes, it's just layer after layer of polish.

• Like 1

Well u could see the diff between mine and yours mate mines 11yo and u wouldn't think it :p

Haha my Audi was the same that was 11yr old and people used to say u must be getting paid too much. To my response of well it's 11yr old and I paid 4k for it. They used to be shocked haha n say oh I thought it was a private plate haha

• Like 1

Managed to get a quick clean in but the rain started so it's in the garage now :( going to try and get the polish, wax, wheels, windows, bumpers and interior done later but the forecast looks shocking :( might have to get up at 2am and do it then haha that's commitment ! Lol

• Like 1

I've given mine a good clean and now the weather seems dry so time to get it polished before it rains again, and maybe hoover it out if I can be bothered.

• Like 1

My grandads gone away so I might go take his car out in the rain leaving me room to do all mine in the garage. Then claim his garage roof must be leaking haha

• Like 1

Scrap that I'm staying here till the rain stops lol

post-55675-140698271102_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well just arrived at silverstone pissdd it down on the M1 on the way down and when we arrived but sun is out now and we are chilling with a beer hhhmmmmm. Got to wipe the car down later when sure here's no more rain around.

Best off doing it in morn mate no rain forecast for tomoro just sunny all day

• Like 1

I got half way through polishing the roof before a monsoon started lol, managed to finish that bit off so I'll just have to make do with the roof being shinier than the rest of the car :)

See you all in the morning :)

post-55675-140699645226_thumb.jpg

post-55675-140699637792_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club