Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin Remaps

Ronnie Roberts

Just thought id post a quick update! been on the phone to superchips (bluefin) and they have said that there will be remaps ready within the next 4-6 weeks on ti-vct and the tdci engines in the new fiesta!

Bluefin

;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paulworthing

• xxtrickzxx

• Ronnie Roberts

• MichellefromEssex

Did they give any indication what the bhp increases would be (esp for the ti-vct)

On the BLUEFIN website it doesn't mention the BHP increase, just the power increase for 20% of turbo-chrged, and 10% for non-turbo charged.

The TiVCT IS'NT (To my knowledge) turbo-charged... so a 10% power increase would give 12 more BHP, a total of 132PS?

lol! no, the 1.6 TIVCT isn't turbo charged lol :)

Just thought id post a quick update! been on the phone to superchips (bluefin) and they have said that there will be remaps ready within the next 4-6 weeks on ti-vct and the tdci engines in the new fiesta!

Bluefin

;)

did they say it was available on the bluefin handset or is it a live map?

Not sure I would pay 2-300 for only 12bhp!

Not sure I would pay 2-300 for only 12bhp!

it does sound steep for 12bhp but then again you pay £1600 for 20bhp for the mountune!but after driving the mountune it makes a big difference but i think thats due to extra torque you get with it,to be honest though id like to see what a mountune really puts out on a rolling road,because they tend to be quite conservative about there figures

it does sound steep for 12bhp but then again you pay £1600 for 20bhp for the mountune!but after driving the mountune it makes a big difference but i think thats due to extra torque you get with it,to be honest though id like to see what a mountune really puts out on a rolling road,because they tend to be quite conservative about there figures

Must admit that the more I read about it I get the impression that the Mountune is the one to go for as it is to the Fiesta that the JCW kit is to the MINI. Might not be the cheapest way to get extra bhp but it is the most sorted and gives you the feel of a throughally worked on car and not a good car with a bolt on

Must admit that the more I read about it I get the impression that the Mountune is the one to go for as it is to the Fiesta that the JCW kit is to the MINI. Might not be the cheapest way to get extra bhp but it is the most sorted and gives you the feel of a throughally worked on car and not a good car with a bolt on

Stay tuned though..... I dont think mountune have finished with the Fiesta yet.....

Stay tuned though..... I dont think mountune have finished with the Fiesta yet.....

Really? I'm not a great lover of that exhaust they put on the Fiesta so would be nice to be able to buy the kit in kit form.

I did read something about carbon kits - would be intersted to know what's going on there too for the interior

Surely the best thing about the Mountune conversion, is that it is recognised by Ford, and doesn't negate the warranty, and the insurance firms know what you are talking about. Also, a future buyer of your car knows what kind of "ANIMAL" he is negotiating to purchase, not some mongrel.

Theres much more planned for our lil cars ;) Later this year....

:unsure: i dont know what to do now i was going to book my car in tomorrow for the mountune engine upgrade,dont know if to wait to see what this bluefin gives you,what do you lot think?

:unsure: i dont know what to do now i was going to book my car in tomorrow for the mountune engine upgrade,dont know if to wait to see what this bluefin gives you,what do you lot think?

Have you tried the Mountune conversion?

i am not going to bother explaining this, but dont go down the bluefin route...

Have you tried the Mountune conversion?

yes twice now the first time i wasnt that impressed but the car had only 600miles so it was still tight, the second test drive was much better the only thing that put me off abit was not the sound of the exhaust its great but how loud it was but thats proberly an age thing lol,but you can get it to drive quiet if you want to, with a very light foot i managed to keep it cruising at 70mph without being boomy

yeah it will be a bluefin handset that will be available... the old fiesta went from 90bhp - 117bhp... thats an increase of nearly 30%. so i would expect similar out of the new one...

its not just the bhp its the massive increase in torque... so when u want to overtake it has alot more go... one other big thing is you get an improvement in fuel econemy esp on the tdci engines!

mountune said they have a remap in development for the tdci engine but that was it....

why do you say you wouldnt use bluefin? been around alot longer than most companys and from past experience there very very relaible and very rare you have any problems... they offer a warrenty which lasts until manufacturers runs out so if ford wont fix something due to the map bluefin will... other thing is u can remove it at any time and return ur car to standard....

each to there own.. i want it for the fuel economy side of things aswell as the torque increases... :)

Mountune are gonna smash the TDCI to pieces and i cant wait :lol: :D

I just want to say, that the Mountune car I have today which has done 13k now is much fast than mine it seems, so I recon it just takes time to settle down, with this here Bluefin (sorry do not know nothing about it) do you get the lovely popping exhaust note? Im sure Rob would comment on torque etc as its definately more man talk (just that I dont understand it all lol) but my car moves and it moves very fast when I need it too, it handles the road fantastically.

My OH spoke with them tonight when they called about our car - said they had 135 out of it on the track!!!

The thing is when you have the upgrade, so many people look at your car - its worth it just for that reason hee hee,

The carbon appearance pack is on the car I have now, I dont think much of it tbh, I prefer what I have, although its just something they are working on and think its just the toned down version of what they will probably end up with.

Max isnt very happy though that within 2 months of producing something they then change it again - but hey thats life.

I have a video clip if anyone wants to have a look - its of me driving the car the weekend after I had the upgrade.

the bluefin is just an ecu upgrade costing £300 so exhaust wont pop unless u fit a performance one... not keen on the mountune exhaust looks like something out of Halfords! (no offence) just dont think it suits the car! does sound really nice tho

Have you seen it in the flesh? its not as bad as the pics lol. Was talking to Dave about it today and they really wanted to create a better exhaust, but Fords wouldnt allow them to tamper with the look of the diffuser.

yeah i drove one at a ford training day... had over 120mph out of it... i think if it was an oval it would look better! but each to there own.... certianly are nippy!! only had 110mph out the tdci but thats standard will see what it does when remap comes out

do you think they will bring these out for the 1.4 and 1.6 tdci engines? , never heard of bluefin before sounds good but is it a bit risky ?

yeah it will be a bluefin handset that will be available... the old fiesta went from 90bhp - 117bhp... thats an increase of nearly 30%. so i would expect similar out of the new one...

its not just the bhp its the massive increase in torque... so when u want to overtake it has alot more go... one other big thing is you get an improvement in fuel econemy esp on the tdci engines!

mountune said they have a remap in development for the tdci engine but that was it....

why do you say you wouldnt use bluefin? been around alot longer than most companys and from past experience there very very relaible and very rare you have any problems... they offer a warrenty which lasts until manufacturers runs out so if ford wont fix something due to the map bluefin will... other thing is u can remove it at any time and return ur car to standard....

each to there own.. i want it for the fuel economy side of things aswell as the torque increases... :)

i have had 3 bluefin maps in the past ie frs mk1,st150,and my dearly missed st3 and i can say they were all brilliant especially the focus st map thats why i am not sure if to wait for it to come out before i take the mountune plunge :rolleyes:

Have you seen it in the flesh? its not as bad as the pics lol. Was talking to Dave about it today and they really wanted to create a better exhaust, but Fords wouldnt allow them to tamper with the look of the diffuser.

i think the exhaust looks good as it is if they had put it in the middle with the standard valance it would have looked naff,anyway vauxhall do that :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club