Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help !!!!!!

Paisleyjim

help guys i was changing the disks on my mk2 focus i did the passenger side no bother but the driver side is a real pig i used a 15mm socket the bolts came off no bother 10 mins later that side was done .. a half a day later im still trying to get the driver side done.ive used wd40 went to Halfords to buy a different kind of 15mm socket still no joy i cant drive around with one side new and the other new tho i did gp a short drive like that and it felt fine ..so guys any ideas how to get those bolts on the carrier off ? and where to buy new ones ? thanks in advance

Which bolts are you referring to? can you po up a picture as I cant think where you mean?

its the two bolts that you undo from the back of the break disk to release the carrier for the pads .. if you still dunno what i meen il get a pick up lol

ah OK I think I am with you.

Start off with some brake disk cleaner. Saturate the area well and truely, then with a wire brish or wire wool, start rubbing down around the area thoroughly. Keep applying more and more and working at it. Then, take a socket, and whallop it with a hammer / mallet, you need to keep hitting it to shake it up. between these two you should be able to loosen it enough. I would suggest use an extendable wratchet or similar if you can to try and make it a little easier.

yeh mate i drowned it in wd40.then got my wire brush and cleaned it .. its strange how a 15mm will work on one side then the other it becomes the biggest pain ever.. im thinking of a blow torch and trying to loosen it with heat ( ed china tip ) lol

A bit of heat on the carrier area around the bolt threads will work a treat, NOT the bolt as that will expand instead & defeat the object!

If you have one, use a 'Strong Bar' or 'Breaker Bar' instead of a ratchet as this will give you more leverage on the bolt.

As Jeebs said, give the bolt a good wallop as it will most likely be seized in with rust.

If you had a little compressor & an impact gun (like me!) it would be off in seconds, but most people don't have that luxury unfortunately.

Use the force!

Yeh mate I'm gonna get a blow torch tomoz and use heat. I'd die for an impact driver lol would make life a lot easier thanks for the help tho

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Well I finally Got the fecker off woo hoo lol thanks for ur help guys

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club