Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Cruise Control

Winther85

Hi,

Does a Sterling wheels with Cruise control from a Fiesta mk7 fit in to a Fiesta mk7.5 (2013-2014)?

Does the Cruise control work?

I'm not sure if it's been done by anyone yet - you trying to get them to light up red instead of blue?

I'm not sure if it's been done by anyone yet - you trying to get them to light up red instead of blue?

No. In Denmark were I live the mk7 steering wheel i much cheaper than the steering wheel for the mk7.5.

I have tryed to find it omon eBay in England or Germany for the mk7.5 but thats not easy.

Do you have cruise control already? It's not plug & play and I don't know anyone who has retrofitted it to a MK7.5

Yes the car have cruise control but I dont have the buttoms on the steering wheel.

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Sorry if I'm being stupid, how can you have cruise control without the buttons?

• Like 1

My mistake. The car does not have cruise control yet :)

Yet? How are you planning to do it?

The car is prepared for the cruise control. All it takes is a steering wheel with switches. And then the car's software have to be activated with a Ford tester for cruise control.

Do you know of anyone that's had this done? I know Ford won't do that in the UK.

Thats the we do it in Denmark. Im a Ford mechanic here. The most of Fiesta comes without cruise control and then we mount steering wheel with contacts and codes the car. What do you do ?

I code MK7's in the UK but I don't know how to do MK7.5 and I don't know of anyone that does

Hi Lars. Do you also officially do it as retrofit at ford ? Do you know of other things that can be retrofittet and coded, ford insider knowledge is always good to have.

I'm very interested in this. I was tempted to replace the steering wheel and then just take it to the dealer and see if they would reflash it.

This is how we do it in Denmark.

Thats the we do it in Denmark. Im a Ford mechanic here. The most of Fiesta comes without cruise control and then we mount steering wheel with contacts and codes the car. What do you do ?

Do you have any instructions on coding the car?

connect to the car with Ford IDS. Loading the car's software and change it to cruise control. Uploading software to the car and clear error. So the car is programmed to cruise control.

• Like 1

Do you have a step by step? I have IDS.

I work at The Ford technical centre im Essex and have been probing around for some form of answer on how to do it. The general consensus is that a dealer should be able to reflash the ecu with the latest calibration. if you get it with cruise control then it will activate the buttons. Unfortunately all the people who did this work in germany and I cant seem to find out who knows.

I will make a step by step for you later :)

• Like 1

Go to programmable parameters > vehicle configuration > download vehicle configguration > veiw or change configuration > set cruise control "on" > load configuration > done.

• Like 1

Do some of you know if its posible to activate outdoor temperature in a Fiesta 2013-2014?

• 1 year later...

Anyone successfully done this to a mk7.5 yet? I'm wondering if the whole steering wheel needs changing or if you can retro fit the cruise switch with the facia panel onto a non-cruise wheel?

Thanks.

It works on mine. You just need the silver facia with the buttons on it.

Nothing to worry about with the connector or wiring, you just need to get someone to load the configuration to turn it on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club