• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

kiloeightone

Car Vacuum Recommendations

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Really need to pick up a vacuum for the car. My two boys (1 and 2) can make a right mess with crumbs, etc.

Any recommendations? As the wife says I'm tight fisted- so looking for sub £30/40 vac.

I've got a plug socket at front door, so doesn't have to be a 12v. Was looking at the Halfords 12v which was recommended by Auto Express a few years ago, but reviews were very different -either it's great or it picks up nothing!

to be honest I wouldnt bother again with a 12v vacuum, depending on if the car is off or running will determine what level of suction, but to be honest a few crumbs is about all it can manage.

If you have a 240v output near the front door, it would be best to buy a vacuum such as a VAX or similar to run off the mains to ensure you get maximum suction.

Something like this might be of good value especially as you also get the pressure washer!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vax-Pack-VPW1-FREE-Car-Cleaning-Pressure-Washer-Kit-RRP-100-Year-Guarantee-/380924886931?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item58b0e47f93

Good ol henry vaccum I use indoors does the job mate, assuming you can park near your house and run an extension outside ;)

Cheers guys, found a handheld corded Hoover on eBay that looks like it will do the job for the big messes! Also got a 12v from Halfords for the wee on the go jobs. Best of both worlds hopefully!

Even if the boys aren't eating in the car they can still make crumbs appear somehow!

Do you allow eating in your car? I'm surprised. you're just making work for yourself. Theres no eating, drinking, singing, talking, no nothing in my car. Its a real fun day out

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Sometimes its unavoidable for us. But never anything that could stain. When I bought my first Focus my wife's wee sister spoiled a cherry smoothie over the back seat - had to bite my tongue on that one lol

Any way it's all academic now as my car got written off!

If your still looking for a vacuum cleaner try the karcher outlet online store. They have a 240v w2.2 wet/dry vac, I got mine for £20 looked in brand new condition just without the correct box, ideal for the car.

Just read last line of your last post, maybe not needed now.

Thanks Mark I'll check that out- now got a focus Ghia so those velour seats will take a bit of looking after