• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 r.youden

r.youden

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: None, yet
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

I have an iPhone running OS3 with supports A2DP audio playback through bluethooth devices. I was told by the salesman when I purchased my Fiesta that the car would support audio playback. In the menu you can select bluetooth and then select the phone. The phone thinks it is playing the music through the phone but no music is played. Everything looks OK. Not sure what is going on here really.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

does your car has bluetooth and usb?

if so connect it up as usual, select aux in, press it again and it should come up bt audio or something similar... it will then play any supported audio files...

as for using an iphone you may struggle as im sure they dont use mp3 they are aac which is only supported by apple devices!

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

I have an iPhone running OS3 with supports A2DP audio playback through bluethooth devices. I was told by the salesman when I purchased my Fiesta that the car would support audio playback. In the menu you can select bluetooth and then select the phone. The phone thinks it is playing the music through the phone but no music is played. Everything looks OK. Not sure what is going on here really.

are you a developer?

I think the 'new' software is support to support this (i mean in the car not 3.0)

#4 r.youden

r.youden

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

I have the bluetooth + 3.5mm audio input. (the 150 rather than 200 option)

#5 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

the bluetooth audio streaming needs usb for some reason... not to sure why but if its just bluetooth and 3.5mm the aux input doesnt change to bt audio if it has usb it does....

:(

#6 r.youden

r.youden

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

!Removed! car sales men. This is the 3rd time they have said something which wasn't true about the car.

#7 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

oi CHEEKY!!! im a car salesman lol :ph34r:

I may be wrong but ive handed out 5/6 fiestas and only the ones with usb have the bt audio function... only thing may be the usb ones had newer firmware but id say its more todo with usb ... sorry m8

#8 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:59 AM

oi CHEEKY!!! im a car salesman lol :ph34r:

If people order the USB from you on their Fiesta's do you throw in the USB cable or do you make them buy it?

#9 r.youden

r.youden

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

I know most car salesmen are not that bad! This is just my first experience of buying a new car and every step has been far more complicated than it should have been.

Ah well, pretty much buggered now then. The audio works great though the aux input but channel switching is difficult (this is why I went for the aux rather than USB option, I didn't think 50 was worth it just to change track from the steering wheel). I suppose I will have to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS which has voice control. There is always a way.

Thanks for your help anyway. It will stop me getting too frustrated and breaking something.

#10 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

if they ask i just give them it! not gonna argue about 15 cable! not worth it lol

#11 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

So going to have to do that when I pick mine up too then as you're right, a 15 cable against a (after price rise) 16,700 car is a drop in the ocean

#12 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:25 AM

they cost the customer 20 odd quid i think but sure cost to company is about 15! its pennys when u consider what u paid for the cars!

#13 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

True - although whats the point paying 200 for the USB port and then refusing to pay 20 for the cable to make use of it?

And I bet they know that too!

#14 Nick Logan

Nick Logan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hi, i have the new '09 fiesta and i never read or heard it can play music via BT. The phone works fine though. only solution is to attach either usb or ipod 3.5mm jack (if you have that option!) and it will then read all phone contents. i use a 16GB usb key and it all works great.
Hope this is helpful, but later i will try my nokia and see. If not i would go back to the salesman and insist on a free upgrade to usb if he told you something untrue on which you agreed to buy the car.
Nick Logan.

#15 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

if u press aux in twice with a phone connected thru bluetooth u should get bt audio if u have nothing plugged in usb!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users