Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta '09 Bluetooth Audio

r.youden

I have an iPhone running OS3 with supports A2DP audio playback through bluethooth devices. I was told by the salesman when I purchased my Fiesta that the car would support audio playback. In the menu you can select bluetooth and then select the phone. The phone thinks it is playing the music through the phone but no music is played. Everything looks OK. Not sure what is going on here really.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronnie Roberts

• KeithC

• Ben...

• r.youden

does your car has bluetooth and usb?

if so connect it up as usual, select aux in, press it again and it should come up bt audio or something similar... it will then play any supported audio files...

as for using an iPhone you may struggle as im sure they dont use mp3 they are aac which is only supported by apple devices!

I have an iPhone running OS3 with supports A2DP audio playback through bluethooth devices. I was told by the salesman when I purchased my Fiesta that the car would support audio playback. In the menu you can select bluetooth and then select the phone. The phone thinks it is playing the music through the phone but no music is played. Everything looks OK. Not sure what is going on here really.

are you a developer?

I think the 'new' software is support to support this (i mean in the car not 3.0)

the bluetooth audio streaming needs usb for some reason... not to sure why but if its just bluetooth and 3.5mm the aux input doesnt change to bt audio if it has usb it does....

:(

!Removed! car sales men. This is the 3rd time they have said something which wasn't true about the car.

oi CHEEKY!!! im a car salesman lol :ph34r:

I may be wrong but ive handed out 5/6 fiestas and only the ones with usb have the bt audio function... only thing may be the usb ones had newer firmware but id say its more todo with usb ... sorry m8

oi CHEEKY!!! im a car salesman lol :ph34r:

If people order the USB from you on their Fiesta's do you throw in the USB cable or do you make them buy it?

I know most car salesmen are not that bad! This is just my first experience of buying a new car and every step has been far more complicated than it should have been.

Ah well, pretty much buggered now then. The audio works great though the aux input but channel switching is difficult (this is why I went for the aux rather than USB option, I didn't think £50 was worth it just to change track from the steering wheel). I suppose I will have to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS which has voice control. There is always a way.

Thanks for your help anyway. It will stop me getting too frustrated and breaking something.

if they ask i just give them it! not gonna argue about £15 cable! not worth it lol

So going to have to do that when I pick mine up too then as you're right, a £15 cable against a (after price rise) £16,700 car is a drop in the ocean

they cost the customer £20 odd quid i think but sure cost to company is about £15! its pennys when u consider what u paid for the cars!

True - although whats the point paying £200 for the USB port and then refusing to pay £20 for the cable to make use of it?

And I bet they know that too!

Hi, i have the new '09 fiesta and i never read or heard it can play music via BT. The phone works fine though. only solution is to attach either usb or ipod 3.5mm jack (if you have that option!) and it will then read all phone contents. i use a 16GB usb key and it all works great.

Hope this is helpful, but later i will try my nokia and see. If not i would go back to the salesman and insist on a free upgrade to usb if he told you something untrue on which you agreed to buy the car.

Nick Logan.

if u press aux in twice with a phone connected thru bluetooth u should get bt audio if u have nothing plugged in usb!

The whole idea of bluetooth streaming is that it requires NO cables or extra functionality -> Simply a bluetooth device and a bluetooth receiver and hay presto! you have a connection. The new iPhone OS (3.0) is capable of transmitting audio over bluetooth, and the fiesta (supposibly) has the ability to receive music via bluetooth.

This is where the problems start, as the phone would be connected to the car via bluetooth, but does the car recognize the iPhone as a media streaming device? I guess not. Maybe the new 3GS will change this, or maybe it is the software within the car?

Either way, the car itself has voice recognition, so if you have the USB option then you cna change tracks like that. AS you probably know the 3Gs will also have voice recognition, allowing those users who don't have a USB port to change tracks that way.

Can I just say too that the new iPhone dock for cars looks cool, but a cable will have to be produced if it is to fit the fiesta?

:::EDIT:::

Thanks Ronnie for that.. so if you choose BT Audio can you confirm that the iPhone DOES/WILL play music via its BT streaming features?

i havnt tried an iPhone yet but all the other ones work, it doesnt show u whats playing tho... it just plays a song and alloys u to skip thru. you dont touch the phone atol... big downside is ur ringtones can be played aswell!!

alot of people are getting confused by it tho. you dont play music thru ur phone and stream via bluetooth. the car access's ur phone and reads the info and plays it. your phone has no control over any of it.

Of cause your phone does!

I agree that the phone may be the sender and the car the receiver, but never the less the phone is the media device and therefore will be able to change tracks! I say this in corespondence with the iPhone as i'm not sure how the other phones operate.

However, why would you want to control the music via the phone when you can do it all via the centeral controls in the car lol.

I have the cable (usb) now so that's my fallback, but im 99% sure that when 3.0 is released on 17th June the iPhone will be able to sync with the car to play music wirelessly, with functionality incorperating both text on screen, control from car/phone and ringtones etc!

its not the phone thats the issue its the SH1$e stereo in the fiesta! it only doesnt allow u to stream to the bt audio system for some reason! unless its just the sony phones we have set up! i have a n95 but dont have a car to try it on atm!

will update asap

hi

sorry to hijack this thread but could i ask how do i anwser an imcoming call with the blutooth feature ? its comes up saying accept or reject but i dont what to do at this point?

cheers

hi

sorry to hijack this thread but could i ask how do i anwser an imcoming call with the blutooth feature ? its comes up saying accept or reject but i dont what to do at this point?

cheers

Well assuming you're a man then you do what all men do when they get a new toy - go for a poo and read your instruction book :lol:

Well assuming you're a man then you do what all men do when they get a new toy - go for a poo and read your instruction book :lol:

:lol: i did and it says use the green reciever button or the phone button ? wheres this green reciever button

cheers

:lol: i did and it says use the green reciever button or the phone button ? wheres this green reciever button

cheers

below the stereo theres 4 buttons 2 on left 2 on right they just have lines thru them! one on far left answers one closest to u ends! there directly below the cd/radio/aux/phone/menu buttons and the keypad

I don't understand this - if the iO car kit can stream from the iPhone (with version 2) why can't the Fiesta's stereo?

As an aside - does plugging in the iPhone via a Y-cable charge the phone?

beacuse ur adding another piece of kt... so it adds additional fuctionality! it sucks i knw!

as for y cable will charge it :) but iPhone may come up unsupported accesory would u like to enable aircraft mode

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club