Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford C-Max Bc Test - Nvm Eeprom Level Fail?

bacchaito

Hi Michael,

IIRC, the issue is due to a bad chip on the instrument cluster, but it doesnt affect the operation of the cluster,

Can you confirm if its misbehaving at all?

Well, it seems everything is fine but I am litlle worry about my consuption. With city drive I got 7.5 liters. True, I drive only 15km per day but still... (1.6 TDCi 80kw 2009 C-max)

are you town driving a lot?

mostly, weekends out of town... but I fill tank to top and make 102km and fill it up with same gas pistol and it fill 7.5 liters pure city drive. It shows me 7.8 on BC...

you will have to excuse me as I am a Miles Per Gallon man :p

So your getting 7.8 litres per km? if thats right that is our equivelant of 18 MPG which unless your driving your car like a race car is terrible.

When was it last serviced?

I bought it of my car dealer. Car come from France... This is list of services I get:

Call Garage: Bulb CHG Feb10 - 16.324 km
V20000 Revision / Cabin Filter Jul 10 - 22.857 km
V40000 Bulb CHG / Revision CHG / Cabin Filter CHG / Liquid
Brake CHG / Purge CHG brake / rear brake pads
CHG / Brake pads AV CHG / December 11 - 52.254 km
Call Garage: Fuel Filter CHG Feb-54.498 km12
V60000 Review CHG / Cabin Filter CHG / d air filter CHG Jul 12 - 60.912 km
V80000 various pipe CHG / Revision CHG / Brushes wiper AV CHG Jun 13 - 80.639 km
Call Garage: Fuel Filter CHG December 13 - 94.923 km

I changed air filter before I fill up tank and record 7.5l... Before that my consumption was 9 liters/100km !!!

Right now with my mixed drive (city/open road) consumpion is 6.8l

OK in which case that translates to our 41.1MPG, to be fair, from a 1.6 TDCI thats not a bad starting point.

I would say the best thing you can do is blank off your EGR valve - that will boost MPG and also give it a good service. Get the oil and its filter changed along with a new air filter.

Like you I had similar mileage, but by the time I did these, I added about 10 - 14 MPG to the total.

Thx for reply...

I will change oil and filter tomorrrow and see how it's going... Considering EGR valve... I see there is way to clean it, I will do that for begining. If that is not good enough will remove EGR valve.

to be honest just blank it!

Its an extremely cheap fix and gives new life to the car! makes it more responsive smoother and just a lot better to drive :)