Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

rueboy66

Red Light In Center Of The Dash

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

went to my car just now after parking up and the red light in the center of the dash was flashing continuously any ideas what it is, i thought it was the alarm warning light but i can't see any mention of it in the hand book.

thanks Kev.

Immobiliser?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

im not sure as it started fine.....

It's the Immobiliser.

Depends which light and how fast its flashing. The standard immobiliser light between the main dials is a very slow on/off rate on the Mk7.

so if it is the immobiliser, why would it flash like that after engine was running? ive been out in it again and it didn't do it!

when the immobiliser flashes rapidly its saying that it cannot see the chip to disarm it.

when the ignition is on (position II) the immobiliser needs to see the chip to disarm itself, if it doesnt detect it, or it detects the wrong one, it flashes to warn you that its not accepted. For one reason or another it could have had a daft moment where it didnt realise that the key was there.

Does this happen regularly or is this a one off?

only had the car since friday, its the first time i noticed it, been out today and it was fine......hopefully just a hiccup

I suspect so, I wouldnt worry unless you cant start the car!