Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Light In Center Of The Dash

rueboy66

Hi guys,

went to my car just now after parking up and the red light in the center of the dash was flashing continuously any ideas what it is, i thought it was the alarm warning light but i can't see any mention of it in the hand book.

thanks Kev.

Immobiliser?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

im not sure as it started fine.....

Depends which light and how fast its flashing. The standard immobiliser light between the main dials is a very slow on/off rate on the Mk7.

so if it is the immobiliser, why would it flash like that after engine was running? ive been out in it again and it didn't do it!

when the immobiliser flashes rapidly its saying that it cannot see the chip to disarm it.

when the ignition is on (position II) the immobiliser needs to see the chip to disarm itself, if it doesnt detect it, or it detects the wrong one, it flashes to warn you that its not accepted. For one reason or another it could have had a daft moment where it didnt realise that the key was there.

Does this happen regularly or is this a one off?

only had the car since friday, its the first time i noticed it, been out today and it was fine......hopefully just a hiccup

I suspect so, I wouldnt worry unless you cant start the car!

• 7 years later...

went to my car just now after parking up and the yellow light show in the center of the dashboard was flashing continuously and also in a red point light steady… what can cause this!

My Ford Fiesta (eu) I went to my car just now after parking up and the yellow red in the side of the dashboard was flashing continuously and also on red lights at the central of the dashboard steady

Just now, Lateef said:

My Ford Fiesta (eu) I went to my car just now after parking up and the yellow red in the side of the dashboard was flashing continuously and also on red lights at the central of the dashboard steady… my car is getting off when it on this read light, what can cause the 

• 7 months later...
On 7/9/2014 at 9:30 AM, jeebowhite said:

when the immobiliser flashes rapidly its saying that it cannot see the chip to disarm it.

when the ignition is on (position II) the immobiliser needs to see the chip to disarm itself, if it doesnt detect it, or it detects the wrong one, it flashes to warn you that its not accepted. For one reason or another it could have had a daft moment where it didnt realise that the key was there.

Does this happen regularly or is this a one off?

How do I fix the problem as mine staying on flashing and car don’t crank over

3 minutes ago, Dean short said:

• Sad 1

How many keys do you have for the car ?

1 hour ago, Dean short said:

Even with the immobilser active, it'll still crank over, it just won't start... This is the LED on a Mk2 Focus dash.

519408796_alarmLED.thumb.jpg.b7cacd262e1f9889e21b2c25e093cc17.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean short said:

And if I leave key in ignition with ignition on after 3 to 4 mins it stops flashing but still won’t crank 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, unofix said:

How many keys do you have for the car ?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 fiesta Mk7, and can see no red light flashing in the centre of the dash, when the car is off and locked yet yy 2010 fiesta does.  Why might the light not be on/flashing - could it be a blown fuse or something else.  Car starts fine.

They complain when it flashes, they complain when it doesn't. Can't win. 😂

• Haha 2

On 3/20/2024 at 7:46 PM, rd457 said:

They complain when it flashes, they complain when it doesn't. Can't win. 😂

Not complaining, just concerned having only just bought the car and spotted this discrepancy between the 2010 and 2015 models.  Car salesperson says not all fiesta's have a flashing red LED to indicate the PATS is on and working - hoping others here could confirm either way. 

1 hour ago, JacksFiesta said:

Car salesperson says not all fiesta's have a flashing red LED to indicate the PATS is on and working - hoping others here could confirm either way. 

It was certainly dropped from the Mk 8 (late 2017-on). We had 2 Mk 7s with the red light (latest was a 2012) but noticed this was absent on the Mk 8. So if your salesperson is correct it could have been  dropped from the Mk 7 facelift (aka Mk 7.5), which you have, at some point.

It would need another Mk 7.5 owner to confirm/deny.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JacksFiesta said:

Not complaining, just concerned having only just bought the car and spotted this discrepancy between the 2010 and 2015 models.  Car salesperson says not all fiesta's have a flashing red LED to indicate the PATS is on and working - hoping others here could confirm either way. 

I know, I just couldn't resist the opportunity for a joke. I didn't know the serious answer to your query.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, unofix said:

No flashing red light anymore. You now get a message if there is a problem.

That's a shame, who doesn't like a big flashing red light as a warning. Even Captain Kirk sitting on his chair in front of his wide screen viewer got a red flashing light! LOL

redalert.thumb.png.5e58debb2f5751391704d0e11783832c.png

• Haha 2