• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darren davidson

darren davidson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

hi looking for any ideas please my brother in law has an 02 petrol mondeo i have just been over to see him as car wont start just clicking like starter motor however when i tried it all the dials speedo etc shot up to max still just clicking but noticed gunge underneath car power steering resevoir is spewing out a cremy brown liquid he assures me he has not added water or anything thanks in advance darren

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

the non start could be a battery or a starter motor problem have you tried to jump start the car?, where is the gunge coming from, the resivoir or is it being sprayed into that area of the engione from some where else, any signs of the gunge anywhere else?

#3 darren davidson

darren davidson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

the non start could be a battery or a starter motor problem have you tried to jump start the car?, where is the gunge coming from, the resivoir or is it being sprayed into that area of the engione from some where else, any signs of the gunge anywhere else?

#4 darren davidson

darren davidson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

hi mate no ive not tried to jump start will give it a go the gunge is coming from the resevoir its full to overflowing

#5 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

there could be air getting into the steering causing back pressure and the gunge overflow, are you certain that water has not been added by mistake and both the tops are yellow.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users