Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Poultergeist

Sportka Engine Transplants

7 posts in this topic

What conversions are fairly simple to do into a SportKa,ie pretty much drop straight in? Was thinking good old Puma? But what about 2 litre Blacktops etc?

I know someone who dropped a 2L ST engine in an old KA and it kept up with my OH'S RS haha so could look into that.

I know he's spent a shed load (thousands) on that car though

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Would be nice lol but I'm not looking at spending thousands and hoping to do a lot of it myself. Aren't they 150 brake?

He did a lot of it himself lol, yeah but it's been tuned to about 200 and the power to weight ratio meant it was a little pocket rocket!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

What's a better option power to weight wise,1.8 or 2 litre Zetec? Do I need anything from other engines or do the drop in as they are?

Anyone have any further or more complete information on this. I'm looking to hillclimb an old KA, but 1.3 litres and 43 horses are never going to cut it. thanks Wayne