Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Mk3 Deflat Detect

sb4100

hi, im having a issue with my car, when i go to settings, information, it comes up deflat detect, i have read the manual, to press and hold ok for 5secs and it will reset the system, but i hold it and it says hold to store pressure, i have done this about 15 times now, and it comes straight back up, i have checked all my tyres and they are all fine, none are below the correct pressure, im not sure how to get rid of this issue?

any ideas

thanks

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get this sorted? Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've looked at manuals that suggest there should be an option in settings, under driver assist, but I only have hill start and traction control. Mine is from May 2011, so I'm wondering if the software is out of date.

Deflation detection, works by sensing a change in rotation speed of a wheel compared to the others over a timescale not related to a wheelspin. It uses the ABS wheel speed sensors and if it sees a slow and gradual increase compared to the other wheels it knows that tyre is loosing pressure and has a smaller effective radius

so

1) It can only work while you are moving

2) It needs the ABS sensors to work properly

3) All 4 tyres must be approximately the same radius and pressure

So if you have checked the tyres and all are OK and similar pressure, size, treadwear etc and there are no ABS faults, then you have a problem

S

• Like 1

I thought my mk3 titanium had tyre pressure monitoring nut when i got a flat earlier this year I got no warning.

After looking at the settings & posting my concerns on here numerous members confirmed that my car isn't fitted with option hence I also only have hill assist & traction in the menu.

Not sure why you're getting the warning if it's not fitted/menu - as mentioned maybe it's the software? Try looking at last software update date on ETIS.

Deflation detection and TPMS are two different things. The TPMS requires the wheel sender units (that look like normal valves from the outsides) and the receiver in the car and the ford system would be almost impossible to retrofit

Deflation detection is a software solution that uses the ABS sensors only. Using Focccus and an ELM OBD dongle ALL Mk3 focus's can have deflation detection switched on even if they didn't have it at the factory

S

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying, sort of glad mine isn't active if it's causing the odd problem.

Thank for the feedback. Couple of further observations based on posts.

My car says on ETIS that it has got "Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sys - DDS", so do I take it that it only has DDS, not TPMS?

Is it possible to get the versions of the modules installed from the car itself, or do I need to go down the road of the ELM/Focccus stuff?

Cheers

That's the Antilock based Deflation Detection system, so you have no wheel sensors. so if its going off then it thinks a wheel sensor is speeding up while you are running. The reset just sets the base speed to the current to allow for you fitting an odd sized tyre etc

• Like 1

Hi, no ever been fixed, all tyres are the same pressure, i even tried dropping all tyres then filling them back up to the correct pressure,

i have a flat tyres, system always notified me that i had a flat, changed new
tyres 2x now, only now front ones which are the old ones, could be maybe the tread
on them, i even had ford look at it when it went in for a service, they didnt
find any thing. the sensor is defiantly working as it tells you that you had a flat, so all sensors are working, but still cant access the information menu. not sure what is wrong with it

• 6 months later...

Mine does exactly the same thing. The message will not go away after performing the reset on the steering wheel.

Tyre pressure monitoring is NOT DDS. TPM uses sensors in the wheels that need to be on, have battery power and be linked to the car. DDS just uses the ABS wheelspeed sensors

TPM knows exact pressures, DDS just detects if a wheel gradually spins slower

• Like 1