Do Not Sell My Personal Information

speedo question

dezwez

Hi i just got a new set of speedo clocks.

What i want to no is can i just replase them for the old ones

or is there anything i need to do to them thanks.

Hi

When changing the hybrid electronic cluster. It must be replaced with exactly the same type for the same car with the same spec. It controls part of the engine management system. If it is not exactly the right part. The car will either not run or run poorly and some systems may not run properly.

A brand new cluster has to be programed by Ford.

For example-

If you put a petrol one in a diesel or a 1.6l one into a 1.8l, the car wont run.

Hi

When changing the hybrid electronic cluster. It must be replaced with exactly the same type for the same car with the same spec. It controls part of the engine management system. If it is not exactly the right part. The car will either not run or run poorly and some systems may not run properly.

A brand new cluster has to be programed by Ford.

For example-

If you put a petrol one in a diesel or a 1.6l one into a 1.8l, the car wont run.

right thanks for that

No problem. ;)

by the way do they have a part number mine 18 petrol lx estate

The cluster casing are more or less the same for all of the focuses. So no individual part number for type i'm afraid.!! It is the programing inside them that is different. The clocks have to be programed to your car by Ford.

If you put an un programed or wrong programed clock into your Focus, There is a good chance that it will fry your ECU.

Check with your Ford deal that you have the right clocks or find out what Focus that they came from before fitting them.

The cluster casing are more or less the same for all of the focuses. It is the programing inside them that is different. The clocks have to be programed to your car by Ford.

If you put an un programed or wrong programed clock into your Focus, There is a good chance that it will fry your ECU.

Check with your Ford deal that you have the right clocks or find out what Focus that they came from before fitting them.

thanks

thanks
sorry to be a pain

but if i put a speedo form a 16

then had it programed by ford would this be ok then in a 18

sorry to be a pain

but if i put a speedo form a 16

then had it programed by ford would this be ok then in a 18

Sorry but no :(

Once the cluster has been programed for a 1.6l it will only go into 1.6l's I think that Ford can only program new ones and they carnt reprogram old ones. So you need 1 from a 1.8l. But check with Ford to be sure.

Sorry but no :(

Once the cluster has been programed for a 1.6l it will only go into 1.6l's I think that Ford can only program new ones and they carnt reprogram old ones. So you need 1 from a 1.8l. But check with Ford to be sure.

will do thanks