Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 328 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Hey Guys,

Ordering my new Fiesta on Monday probably, but there's a couple of final decisions I would like advice on :)

Gonna order:

- Fiesta ZS (125)

- 17" Wheels

- Privacy Glass

- City pack (as I suck at parking).

- Deep Impact Blue Paint

I'm undecided over the leather pack, it costs a bomb but could anyone who has this post feedback and maybe pictures if you have any? Also, the internet is plagued with people complaining that leather seats get way too hot the whole time in the summer, but is this really the case?

Also, are there any options you couldn't decide over that you have that have turned out to be really useful (or maybe the opposite?)

Thanks guys!

Then the long wait til October begins...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,122 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Ultimately, it's down to personal choice...however, not gonna lie, I hate leather upholstery!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#3 khevolution

khevolution

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 97 posts
  • Name: Kieron
  • Ford Model: Ford C-Max Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Is there an option for half leather? I got full leather seats and while they are comfortable, on really hot days they don't help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

#4 chrisroberson99

chrisroberson99

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Name: Christopher
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Leather is the best, I don't like cloth seats tbh.

#5 Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Leather is the best, I don't like cloth seats tbh.

How much of an issue is them getting hot? The internet is full of people moaning about that :/

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

#6 chrisroberson99

chrisroberson99

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Name: Christopher
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I wouldn't take much notice of the internet. Yes it does get a bit hot but cars do if they are left in the sun. Just put the air con on! My mums car has black leather which gets warm but it's worth it. The white leather in my dad's Range Rover doesn't get as hot.

I'd say go for it or get the car and get the seats re trimmed at a later date.

#7 Peange

Peange

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

One thing I really could do with in my Fiesta is the USB/BT audio connection. Also, couldn't do without the heated windscreen in winter!

Don't know if these come as standard or not these days, but possibly worth checking to make sure they're there if you've not thought about it yet.

Scott

#8 Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

One thing I really could do with in my Fiesta is the USB/BT audio connection. Also, couldn't do without the heated windscreen in winter!

Don't know if these come as standard or not these days, but possibly worth checking to make sure they're there if you've not thought about it yet.

Scott

Yeah, both of those things are standard these days I think... On Zetec and up anyway for sure!

Thanks for the tip :)

#9 Zico

Zico

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Yasin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec (100bhp)

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Don't have a preference between leather and cloth. I went with the standard cloth in my Zetec and did my own Scotchgard covering. Downside to cloth is the static build up I keep getting from it. I have to keep grounding myself when I get out of the car to stop me getting shocks :D

#10 tfin25

tfin25

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: N/A

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Great choice! Ordered a deep impact blue Zetec s myself a few weeks ago. Cant wait!

On the leather front, personally I don't think its really worth the price. My brother works for Ford and is in a titanium X with leather at the moment. Its okay, but it doesn't feel as premium as you'd like and definitely not worth the money...in my opinion. It comes down to personal preference though.

#11 Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Great choice! Ordered a deep impact blue Zetec s myself a few weeks ago. Cant wait!

On the leather front, personally I don't think its really worth the price. My brother works for Ford and is in a titanium X with leather at the moment. Its okay, but it doesn't feel as premium as you'd like and definitely not worth the money...in my opinion. It comes down to personal preference though.

Thanks, I'm really excited even though it won't be here until October!
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably leaning away from leather as the extra money per month can be better spent elsewhere (I'd like to change the alloys at some point probably, and saving the extra £20 a month would get that going nicely).

Did you go for black or black and red cloth? I think the red wouldn't be great with the blue personally!

#12 tfin25

tfin25

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: N/A

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thanks, I'm really excited even though it won't be here until October!
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably leaning away from leather as the extra money per month can be better spent elsewhere (I'd like to change the alloys at some point probably, and saving the extra £20 a month would get that going nicely).

Did you go for black or black and red cloth? I think the red wouldn't be great with the blue personally!

Mine should be at the dealer towards the end of August but i'm gonna wait until September to get a 64 reg, as someone who likes instant gratification the wait is killing me aha 

Yeah I went for the black cloth, red and blue wouldn't have been the best combination......I recon the red seats look a naff anyway....  :ph34r:

#13 Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

Mine should be at the dealer towards the end of August but i'm gonna wait until September to get a 64 reg, as someone who likes instant gratification the wait is killing me aha 

Yeah I went for the black cloth, red and blue wouldn't have been the best combination......I recon the red seats look a naff anyway....  :ph34r:

Yeah I have to wait til October for insurance reasons (it's a long story). Ordering it now will get it done and then I can just sit back and relax!

I think if I'd gone for white or red, red seats would be okay, but not with blue for sure!

#14 k13r4n

k13r4n

• FOC Supporters
  • 745 posts
  • Name: kieran
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Metal
  • Year: 2011

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Leather is easier to keep clean than fabric but must me maintained by means of moisturizing it but as said it's ultimately down to you and I would also get the sony headunit

#15 redbull3k7

redbull3k7

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Ijust bought my first car with leather , and I wouldn't say its that bad , u could always get covers for really hot days or use a towel if you find um to hot

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zetec s, fiesta, order, advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users