Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decision Time!

Mental_Atom

Hey Guys,

Ordering my new Fiesta on Monday probably, but there's a couple of final decisions I would like advice on :)

Gonna order:

- Fiesta ZS (125)

- 17" Wheels

- Privacy Glass

- City pack (as I suck at parking).

- Deep Impact Blue Paint

I'm undecided over the leather pack, it costs a bomb but could anyone who has this post feedback and maybe pictures if you have any? Also, the internet is plagued with people complaining that leather seats get way too hot the whole time in the summer, but is this really the case?

Also, are there any options you couldn't decide over that you have that have turned out to be really useful (or maybe the opposite?)

Thanks guys!

Then the long wait til October begins...

Ultimately, it's down to personal choice...however, not gonna lie, I hate leather upholstery!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Is there an option for half leather? I got full leather seats and while they are comfortable, on really hot days they don't help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Leather is the best, I don't like cloth seats tbh.

Leather is the best, I don't like cloth seats tbh.

How much of an issue is them getting hot? The internet is full of people moaning about that :/

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

I wouldn't take much notice of the internet. Yes it does get a bit hot but cars do if they are left in the sun. Just put the air con on! My mums car has black leather which gets warm but it's worth it. The white leather in my dad's Range Rover doesn't get as hot.

I'd say go for it or get the car and get the seats re trimmed at a later date.

One thing I really could do with in my Fiesta is the USB/BT audio connection. Also, couldn't do without the heated windscreen in winter!

Don't know if these come as standard or not these days, but possibly worth checking to make sure they're there if you've not thought about it yet.

Scott

One thing I really could do with in my Fiesta is the USB/BT audio connection. Also, couldn't do without the heated windscreen in winter!

Don't know if these come as standard or not these days, but possibly worth checking to make sure they're there if you've not thought about it yet.

Scott

Yeah, both of those things are standard these days I think... On Zetec and up anyway for sure!

Thanks for the tip :)

Great choice! Ordered a deep impact blue Zetec s myself a few weeks ago. Cant wait!

On the leather front, personally I don't think its really worth the price. My brother works for Ford and is in a titanium X with leather at the moment. Its okay, but it doesn't feel as premium as you'd like and definitely not worth the money...in my opinion. It comes down to personal preference though.

Great choice! Ordered a deep impact blue Zetec s myself a few weeks ago. Cant wait!

On the leather front, personally I don't think its really worth the price. My brother works for Ford and is in a titanium X with leather at the moment. Its okay, but it doesn't feel as premium as you'd like and definitely not worth the money...in my opinion. It comes down to personal preference though.

Thanks, I'm really excited even though it won't be here until October!

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably leaning away from leather as the extra money per month can be better spent elsewhere (I'd like to change the alloys at some point probably, and saving the extra £20 a month would get that going nicely).

Did you go for black or black and red cloth? I think the red wouldn't be great with the blue personally!

Thanks, I'm really excited even though it won't be here until October!

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably leaning away from leather as the extra money per month can be better spent elsewhere (I'd like to change the alloys at some point probably, and saving the extra £20 a month would get that going nicely).

Did you go for black or black and red cloth? I think the red wouldn't be great with the blue personally!

Mine should be at the dealer towards the end of August but i'm gonna wait until September to get a 64 reg, as someone who likes instant gratification the wait is killing me aha

Yeah I went for the black cloth, red and blue wouldn't have been the best combination......I recon the red seats look a naff anyway.... :ph34r:

Mine should be at the dealer towards the end of August but i'm gonna wait until September to get a 64 reg, as someone who likes instant gratification the wait is killing me aha

Yeah I went for the black cloth, red and blue wouldn't have been the best combination......I recon the red seats look a naff anyway.... :ph34r:

Yeah I have to wait til October for insurance reasons (it's a long story). Ordering it now will get it done and then I can just sit back and relax!

I think if I'd gone for white or red, red seats would be okay, but not with blue for sure!

Leather is easier to keep clean than fabric but must me maintained by means of moisturizing it but as said it's ultimately down to you and I would also get the sony headunit

Ijust bought my first car with leather , and I wouldn't say its that bad , u could always get covers for really hot days or use a towel if you find um to hot

Leather is easier to keep clean than fabric but must me maintained by means of moisturizing it but as said it's ultimately down to you and I would also get the sony headunit

Sony headunit isn't an option unfortunately, but doesn't bother me all that much, the stock one is less confusing :)

Oh well at the end of the day as long as you get some sort of music out of it

And... ordered!

Decided against the leather seats after all :)

Thanks for the the advice one and all, it shall be a long wait until the end of October!

It's not that far away, but I know what you mean, I thought waiting a week before picking my car up was long enough, that week went so slow!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

I'f you have the tinted windows like I do the car does stay alot cooler, with our golf 5 we had leather seats, yes they can burn our skin when its 40+ and the car is left in the sun, but it was worth it, just made the car feel more upmarket, then again I don't know how the quality is in the Fiesta, to be honest I have never seen one with leather in it, must be because of the cost.

So my opinion, if money's no problem go ahead, but if it is, I'd rather save my money.

Personally I'd of ordered an ST for £1500 more but hey (I have to post this in every thread sorry) should have got leather though, ignore twats online the Internet is just a place to moan, how many baking hot days do we get? Well worth it, although expensive from new.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I'f you have the tinted windows like I do the car does stay alot cooler, with our golf 5 we had leather seats, yes they can burn our skin when its 40+ and the car is left in the sun, but it was worth it, just made the car feel more upmarket, then again I don't know how the quality is in the Fiesta, to be honest I have never seen one with leather in it, must be because of the cost.

So my opinion, if money's no problem go ahead, but if it is, I'd rather save my money.

Really? Black windows make it cooler? I wondered why Mercedes have then funky blue ones, I'll let them know they've got it wrong.

Personally I'd of ordered an ST for £1500 more but hey (I have to post this in every thread sorry) should have got leather though, ignore twats online the Internet is just a place to moan, how many baking hot days do we get? Well worth it, although expensive from new.

It's only my second car, and as much as I'd like to go for a proper hot hatch eventually, it's better to go for the ZS and work up as I think I'd end up in a ditch somewhere!

I went for cloth in the end, I've never really been in a car with leather seats, and I was concerned about spending £800 on trim that I might end up hating! Also, £800! I can save that money and go for a remap ;) much more worthwhile!

Really? Black windows make it cooler? I wondered why Mercedes have then funky blue ones, I'll let them know they've got it wrong.

Touched a nerve?

:ph34r:

Yes, you wouldn't think so sins black absorbs heat, but it actually works, and it does have a bit of a reflective property to it, basically a black mirror. judging from your comment I guess you haven't heard of a company called Llumar, we offten do this to cars in SA, Mercs included, its not just a sun screen in my case, I Have the smash and grab film on it, which as the name suggests help the glass not to shatter in case someone tries to brake in at an intersection, which does happen.

http://www.llumar.co.za/?gclid=CP7x18qM1r8CFcSWtAodxBEA6A