allbluedave

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: david
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2002

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

hey guys.  :) so this has happened 3 or four times so far and im hoping this is a quick easy fix. the glow plug light has started to come on then the car would go in limp mode  and cut out, once the car has had the ignition turned off and on. the car starts and is back to normal. any ideas guys? also on occasion the airbag light flickers on then off.  :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

You need to tell us what model/ type/ capacity of engine it is, there is 2.0L diesel TDCI 130, (common rail) and a TDDI direct injection 115PS, a 90PS,  then there are sub-species such as different turbos, (fixed vane, VNT) MAF, different inlet manifold designs. EGR placement (front or rear) etc etc

I can tell you it did not have a 6-speed 'box or an electronic actuator when it left the factory

EDIT - must be a diesel as it has a glow plug light - this is used as an EML (Engine Management Light) if there is a fault detected the ECU (Engine Control Unit/ computer ) may put the car into "Limp Home Mode" (so you can "limp home" with less power/ putting less stress on the engine) turning the ignition off/on often resets this

To help find the problem, a code reader really helps, you will need to find a Ford compatible one that is pre- OBD11 on a 2002 diesel - F-super or a bluefin handset are the only ones i know will work,) generic OBD11 (OBD2) readers will not work, even if they have the Ford protocols

Once you have the fault codes you can post them up on the forum     

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,749 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Definitely need more info but ad to the airbag light could be something like a bad connection on the driver's seat, or like mine a defective loom to one of the airbags

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

#4 tommy.h

tommy.h

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Name: tom
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 diesel mk4
  • Year: 2007

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi

just a thought check your earth connections.

there should be one underneath the battery that is for both the glow plugs and the airbags.

as i said this is just a guess .

tom

#5 allbluedave

allbluedave

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: david
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2002

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

cheers guys. could of sworn i wrote the details of the car lol. :unsure: its a 2002 mk3 mondeo  2.0 lx 130 bhp i believe. i used to have a mk1 galaxy which has a boatload of problems so i bought a code reader that plugged into me laptop. wonder if that will fit?/work. the code reader works through a software called vcds lite.  B)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users