Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

4 posts in this topic

I was yesterday at the mechanics to replace the oil and filter. He told me that he have Ford oil, not to worry. I thought as I already talked to him before that he has Motorcraft or Ford oil but ... I come back and he gives me rest of a 5L Total Quartz 9000 oil (5W-40).
Well, how?! It is this oil:
http://www.totaloil.com.au/Pages/content/NT0000C302.pdf
Oil is for Citroen, Peugeot, BMW ... but no for Ford and it does not say that it
's
under the specification WSS-M2C913-B, but only ACEA A3/B4, and Ford bible says:
If you are unable to find an oil that meets the specification defined by WSS-M2C913-B, you must use SAE 5W-30 (preferred), SAE 5W-40 (except Flexfuel vehicles) or SAE 10W-40 that meets the specification defined by either ACEA A1/B1 (preferred) or ACEA A3/B3. Using these oils can result in longer engine cranking periods, reduced engine performance, reduced fuel economy and increased emission levels.

What do you think? Should I remove this oil out and change proper oil?

If I recall correctly, the engine is actually a Peugeot engine which is why it's suitable for your car. It's preferable to have the right stuff but I think you should be fine. Unless someone comes along and corrects me I wouldn't worry about it :-)

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

karlos1987 likes this

OK will test this oil for some time...