• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thebaldone

thebaldone

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: Galaxy

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

Trying to sort out the central locking on son's MK1 Galaxy. Looked under the pasenger seat and there are 2 multi pin plugs just lying loose? Assume they should plug into something which has been removed but what ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,935 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

does the car have electric seats? it may be the connectors for electric seats in the top model?

#3 thebaldone

thebaldone

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

does the car have electric seats? it may be the connectors for electric seats in the top model?

Don't think so, 2 seperate connectors, 1 looks like power and the other multi leads. I suspect it's
the central locking ECU missing?

#4 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,935 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:35 PM

may be worth looking at another one of the same spec.. look for one for sale in a garage somewhere.. pretend your a potential customer and have a good look.

I have had cars in the past with cable with connectors loose under the seats as a lot of cars will already have wiring put in but different seats in the factory.

Worth a try

#5 thebaldone

thebaldone

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

may be worth looking at another one of the same spec.. look for one for sale in a garage somewhere.. pretend your a potential customer and have a good look.

I have had cars in the past with cable with connectors loose under the seats as a lot of cars will already have wiring put in but different seats in the factory.

Worth a try

It would appear that the central locking ECU should be there ! Hence the no central locking problem. Why anyone would remove it is beyond me !!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users