Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

thebaldone

What should be under the seat?

5 posts in this topic

Trying to sort out the central locking on son's MK1 Galaxy. Looked under the pasenger seat and there are 2 multi pin plugs just lying loose? Assume they should plug into something which has been removed but what ?

does the car have electric seats? it may be the connectors for electric seats in the top model?

does the car have electric seats? it may be the connectors for electric seats in the top model?

Don't think so, 2 seperate connectors, 1 looks like power and the other multi leads. I suspect it's

the central locking ECU missing?

may be worth looking at another one of the same spec.. look for one for sale in a garage somewhere.. pretend your a potential customer and have a good look.

I have had cars in the past with cable with connectors loose under the seats as a lot of cars will already have wiring put in but different seats in the factory.

Worth a try

may be worth looking at another one of the same spec.. look for one for sale in a garage somewhere.. pretend your a potential customer and have a good look.

I have had cars in the past with cable with connectors loose under the seats as a lot of cars will already have wiring put in but different seats in the factory.

Worth a try

It would appear that the central locking ECU should be there ! Hence the no central locking problem. Why anyone would remove it is beyond me !!