Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Name: Kathy
  • Ford Model: TBA
  • Year: 2014

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

not all dealers will, or even can, match the very best prices out there. 

Re the ST suspension - if you've owned cars with sports suspensions before then you will find it anywhere between perfectly ok and on the firm side.  But for someone who is used to regular setups yes it could well be too hard. Several long test drives on a variety of roads essential.

I wouldn't buy any of the extra crap the salesmen always push - apparently they often make more on these than the commission on the car itself but the reason is because it's practically worthless except in the case of GAP which is essential but massive overpriced if you buy from the dealer.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 1997

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I've used carwow and prices look OK , however that drive the deal does produce some really low quotes. What are the main t&c s to watch out for on that site?

Im surprised my dealer doesn't seem to want to match the deal I've been offered however if they won't match it then I'll just give my business to the dealer offering me the best price in the first place.

It varies, I know people have had issues with the prices excluding VAT before, and at the moment there's a few extra ones floating around to get rid of dealer stock.

Don't get me wrong though, I've heard great things about them, just be careful of the fine print :) they've been in business for the years!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

#18 nath.mk7.st

nath.mk7.st

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 481 posts
  • Name: NAthan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Just got back and averaged 38mpg on way back. I would say expect 35ish and u'll be happy :) I know that when I got it lots of right foot action I was getting 29/30mpg.

Re suspension it's a hard ride. Not stupidly hard I like the ride but that's what I'm used to n wanted the girlfriend on the other hand doesn't but does like the seats lol

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

#19 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,550 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

As has been said ride is firm and certainly more so than the ZS. However you can't have the performance and road holding without it really.

MPG I average 37 never had it above 40 but if you are worried about it don't buy one they are not for economy.

Don't buy the protection from Ford just give it a polish and wax ASAP.

I would definitely recommend the ST however they are great cars. Had mine 6 months and still smiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#20 SandyCat

SandyCat

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Peter you are right there a several different types of GAP policy and the dealer is the most expensive place to buy it as they make enormous commission.    But you should read the small print of the one you are buying to make sure you understand it.  If want any help just message me.  We sell GAP and I am happy to give you advice regardless of where you buy it from if it helps.

#21 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for all the feedback so far, really useful as I knew it would be. :)

I think reading the comments here, its clear that most people think the paint protection you may as well do yourself with a wax and a polish ...exactly what I will do. I think it could be interesting to see these flaps in the "add on pack" they are trying to sell as like people have said, Ford don't produce them for the ST. I think that is a mistake by the sales person.

I think so long as I can realistically get 35-38mpg from the car then im going to be happy. As much as I want one, I knew I had to think about this issue, however what people are saying makes it manageable for me.

I certainly wouldn't take their gap insurance and given they want £399 for what, im not sure. However that top package on click for gap only comes in at £230 where it claims to give you the difference to buy a brand new car. Thanks for that SandyCat - im assuming return to invoice ... goes back to the invoice price paid, where as the other package gives you what it would cost to buy a replacement car at the new value?

#22 SandyCat

SandyCat

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yes difference 1, between original purchase price and insurance payout,  2, pays off HP owing, 3, difference between car value at policy purchase and insurance payout.

Purchase price GAP is normally the most common.  

#23 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Sandycat.

So on Click for Gap website which one is the most common / best option for most?

http://www.click4gap.co.uk/

Also if your in the business of selling gap cover let me know as happy to get a quote from you and put business your way.

#24 nath.mk7.st

nath.mk7.st

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

What do you put your max policy pay out as ?

#25 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,550 posts
  • Name: Phil
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

I only paid £150 for back to invoice GAP with easy gap

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#26 SandyCat

SandyCat

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

We do invoice for less than £150.     It may be against forum rules to do this in the open so I will private message those who have asked so far with quotes/info and anyone else who asks.  Thanks. 

#27 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

What do you put your max policy pay out as ?

I have left it at the default 5000, however wondering if that is too low?

Prices I am getting at the moment when I have just ran it on Click for Gap are;

Return to Invoice: 176

Replacement : 236

Both though are cheaper than that 399 from the dealer but off the 150 mark someone has quoted they have got on here.

That Easy Gap are giving me prices of £105 for combined vehicle replacement on £10000 limit which is the cheapest deal I have had so far.

#28 nath.mk7.st

nath.mk7.st

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 481 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

I have left it at the default 5000, however wondering if that is too low?

Prices I am getting at the moment when I have just ran it on Click for Gap are;

Return to Invoice: 176
Replacement : 236

Both though are cheaper than that 399 from the dealer but off the 150 mark someone has quoted they have got on here.

I've just done a quote on the one Phil used....ImageUploadedByFord OC1405282679.227144.jpg

#29 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've used Frank Pickles twice now (used to be surf and protect), they let you delay the start date by up to a year (if your main car insurance provides GAP for the first year which some do) and also transfer any remaining balance to another policy if you sell the car.  Plus they were very cheap!  I paid £170 for £15000 of replacement cover for a 4 year policy.

#30 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

I've used Frank Pickles twice now (used to be surf and protect), they let you delay the start date by up to a year (if your main car insurance provides GAP for the first year which some do) and also transfer any remaining balance to another policy if you sell the car.  Plus they were very cheap!  I paid £170 for £15000 of replacement cover for a 4 year policy.

Yes I read something about this. Surly it can't be correct that Direct Line insurance provide a new car if your the first owner and its written off in year 1? If so then y1 of the gap insurance is pointless. 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, st

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users