Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Replacing a car in the first year if you're the only owner is quite a common thing for insurers to do actually.  So yes, 1 year GAP can be pointless if it isn't delayed.  My insurers offer this, but their wording says something along the lines of 'if a replacement is immediately available', which to me meant that it wouldn't cover the case where the car has to be factory ordered.  I queried this with them and they confirmed it - if a like-for-like replacement isn't in stock at a dealer and you don't want to accept one similar (ie different colour or options etc) you don't actually get a replacement!  So I didn't delay my GAP just in case.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,473 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Just checked and it's actually the combined replacement vehicle cover I bought cost was £159. The guy did me a deal cause I'd got one for my previous car

ImageUploadedByFord OC1405289882.794581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

#33 SandyCat

SandyCat

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Name: Rick
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Yes you are right many insurers do provided a like for like replacement vehicle in the first year as long as you are the first registered keeper of the vehicle (it cannot even have been dealer registered) and the same or very similar car is readily available.

Our GAP states you must have bought the car within the last 60 days which you can take both ways.  In one way you could say the first year is wasted if your car is brand new and you have the replacement clause or the other way is to say you are covered if the replacement vehicle clause doesn't work out or you don't qualify.    If the car is a used car or you are not the first registered keeper then it's of no moment anyway. 

Message me if you would like a quote :)

#34 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

Ok been offered a cash plan deal by the dealer. Says to have the min amount allowed on finance and then ring up and pay this off early so I get the vest discounts.

What I want to know is; how true is he regarding early repayments? Is what I've told totally true?

#35 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,473 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Peter if you are talking about Ford finance you have to keep it for 3 months and make all the payments on time then pay off the balance to ensure you keep the discounts otherwise you have to pay them back

#36 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for all the help; just a few more questions that come to mind and hopefully people can help with.

Do you get a jack etc with the space saver inflation stuff or does that only come if you order the spare tyre option?

Can you get to the jacking points on an ST or does this get covered up by the body kit and mean you need a trolley jack?

Lastly, does the ST come with mats already as noticed them talked about as ST branded mats?

#37 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 179 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Pretty sure you get a jack sure its a legal requirement - haven't actually checked mine!

And yeah there are jacking positions same as any of the other fiesta's.

You can swindle the ST mats from them, i tried and failed and just got fiesta ones (since they just want to sell you the car) but give it a try , definitely don't pay for them though.

#38 Peterjones

Peterjones

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I was unsure on the jack as some people say on other makes that if you have the foam kit you get no jack and no arm so just thought I would see what people got with fords.

Only asking about the mats as seems they are listed as part of the specs of the car - or they seem to be in quite a few places including this one http://www.evanshals...ford-fiesta-st/

#39 nath.mk7.st

nath.mk7.st

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 406 posts
  • Name: NAthan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I asked tried for mats and failed. I then asked them to price me the st mats up and they told me they don't do them and there just the same ones across the fiesta range. So I bought the mountune ones.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

#40 mark t

mark t

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Ok been offered a cash plan deal by the dealer. Says to have the min amount allowed on finance and then ring up and pay this off early so I get the vest discounts.

What I want to know is; how true is he regarding early repayments? Is what I've told totally true?

I did this, you take the minimum finance at £2500, and ford credit give you £750 for doing it, then pay off the £2500 in 4 weeks and they give you £208 of interest back only paying £2292!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

#41 KenP

KenP

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Ken
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 125 5dr with NAV

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

There is no jack on mine, just the repair kit.

#42 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

The ST should come with mats, they're listed as ST specific ones and the label on the back of mine does indeed say ST.  They're just plain black carpet ones though, nothing special from above.  They also very quickly get a large flat spot where your heel goes!

Regarding the jacking points, as said they're the same as on any other Fiesta.  To access them the side skirts have covers that pull off.

#43 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,473 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Definitely no jack you only get one if you order the space saver at build stage. Get one off eBay.

As said the mats have ST on the back but are plain black very disappointing.

#44 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

It's also disappointing that the tyres only have the normal amount of tread on - wears down far too quick!  Why can't they stick on like 20mm, surely the extra cost of a few mm of rubber is nothing compared to the cost of the whole tyre :rolleyes:.  And it's not like they're in any danger of wearing out due to age.

#45 Philf1

Philf1

Ford until I die!

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,473 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

It's also disappointing that the tyres only have the normal amount of tread on - wears down far too quick!  Why can't they stick on like 20mm, surely the extra cost of a few mm of rubber is nothing compared to the cost of the whole tyre :rolleyes:.  And it's not like they're in any danger of wearing out due to age.

But when you wear them down they become slicks and they're better aren't they?

Joking!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, st

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users