Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Blower Fan

Blueybarnes

Hi. I'm new to these forums and I'm looking for some advice. I have a Focus Mk2 (2005) Titanium spec. I brought the car and it came with a warranty but this has since expired. Anyway, during the warranty period I became aware of a knocking sound coming from under the dash when cornering. I narrowed this down to the air blower fan. I took it into the garage. The guy said that the fan propeller was loose and he tightened it. No need to replace the unit. This seemed to do the trick. However, now the noise has come back but I don't have a warranty anymore. Did the unit actually need replacing after all? I rang my usual garage who said that it sounded like it needed replacing. He said this could cost £200! The fan is working fine though, just the propeller seems loose. Again! Anyone with any experience of this? I've Googled it but have struggled to find any information.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

i replaced an air blower not long ago, cost about 40 quid off eBay, whip yours out an take a look for yourself, I seem to remember different ones for AC an non AC heated or not

I removed the glove box to have a look but it seems really awkward to get to the fan unit. Did you have to remove more of the dash?

Thanks for the reply btw.

I have fairly small hands/arms so just went in through the glove box area armed with a head torch, its not the easiest thing to do, but its complexity is purely down to it being a pain in the !Removed! to get to, or in other words, its easy if you can get there! its the first reason I picked up the Haynes manual for it, just had a quick look again and apparently its easier if you simply remove the whole facia! ;)

Cheers! I too have fairly small limbs and hands. Perhaps I can duct tape a torch to my head and have another go. I don't fancy taking the whole dash off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club