Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I put my P plates on? (+1 pic)

ZeeJex

That was a bit of a daft thing to say wasn't it.

Its a Fire fighters duty to check all areas possible for people who might be trapped. Stickers or no Stickers. People will check the car over for anybody trapped.

Not really daft at all - that was the original purpose of the 'Baby on Board' stickers.

Of course fire fighters will check everything, but JohnP does make a valid point about the original purpose of the sticker.

Not really daft at all - that was the original purpose of the 'Baby on Board' stickers.

Of course fire fighters will check everything, but JohnP does make a valid point about the original purpose of the sticker.

I know theres a purpous to the sticker but he's being a bit cynical of it by saying If a child wasnt in there people would risk loosing there lives... like it's some devious mis-leading thing and so the sticker is a bad thing for doing that! that was the thing I found daft.

People have risked there lives going into buildings for trapped people. You don't expect an indicator in the window telling us who is or isnt inside there do you

Its a sticker and Fire fighters will check anyway for people, They're not gonna stand there and go ''Not going in the burning car with a 'baby on board sticker' Just incase theres no baby after all''

Totally gone the other way with that one.

i was just raising what i feel is a valid point as to why you shouldn't have a baby on board sticker in your car if you don't have a child. as DaveFord said that was there original purpose. and i know its a firefighters job to go looking for people but how often are the there when an accident happens? its the general public that are there so it would be more likely for a civilian to check which is a big waste of time/risk if theres no child on board.

no... dont have P plates... if u have P plates then ull still be seen as a crappy, nervous learner driver.

dont be a fool , P plates are for either women or bad drivers, uve passed ur test haven't you ? If youve passed your test then obviousyl your a good enough driver to not need them. If i see someone with P plates I just laugh to be honest. Waste of time and money.

Do the right thing - be a man

dont be a fool , P plates are for either women or bad drivers

Hmm.... <_<

dont be a fool , P plates are for either women or bad drivers, uve passed ur test haven't you ? If youve passed your test then obviousyl your a good enough driver to not need them. If i see someone with P plates I just laugh to be honest. Waste of time and money.

You sure do have a way with words. P plates are a sign to indicate a non-experienced driver, theres a lot of aspects of driving that wont be taught at driving school. Where much of it will be learnt on their own, and in some instances learning from their own mistakes.

Personally I felt confident enough not to use P-plates, but still need to experience; parking on the right side of the road, really tight parking (been lucky so far), motorways, driving in difficult weather conditions especially heavy rain and learning to work the pumps (still running on the £15 petrol given)..... Funny enough what I dread the most is uphill starts, you should see me willing on the green lights to stay on :D

You sure do have a way with words. P plates are a sign to indicate a non-experienced driver, theres a lot of aspects of driving that wont be taught at driving school. Where much of it will be learnt on their own, and in some instances learning from their own mistakes.

Personally I felt confident enough not to use P-plates, but still need to experience; parking on the right side of the road, really tight parking (been lucky so far), motorways, driving in difficult weather conditions especially heavy rain and learning to work the pumps (still running on the £15 petrol given)..... Funny enough what I dread the most is uphill starts, you should see me willing on the green lights to stay on :D

It's been about 6 months since I passed my test so for a little while I just drove around town along the same routes that my instructor took me on so that I became accustomed to the flow of traffic. I have stalled a couple of times but I've managed to get through heavy rain OK. (Although the thought of all that muddy water splashing onto my Fiesta sets me on edge!) I've gotten pretty good at uphill starts but I'm still a bit iffy on parking, sometimes it will be absolutely perfect, other times I'll either be completely wonky or about a mile away from the kerb!

As for the pumps, since mine's a petrol, I just randomly pick one of the non diesel nozzles and hope it fits in the hole! Thank goodness for that arrow on the fuel indicator, otherwise I'd never remember what side the fuel...hole..thing was on.

fair point! im with you! lol

Uh oh.

i was just raising what i feel is a valid point as to why you shouldn't have a baby on board sticker in your car if you don't have a child. as DaveFord said that was there original purpose. and i know its a firefighters job to go looking for people but how often are the there when an accident happens? its the general public that are there so it would be more likely for a civilian to check which is a big waste of time/risk if theres no child on board.

Your not understanding what I'm saying John you've blew it all out of proportion. Baby on board Stickers do not risk lives. You've got bad paranoia on that one, If baby on board stickers have a bad side to them maybe we should all live in padded cells and problem is solved.

Your theory is extremely overboard.

I don't think he's extremely overboard. I think his point's a fair one, to be honest.

A firefighter friend of ours told us a while back that 'baby on board' signs on cars without babies on board are confusing to them, because in burning wrecks etc. their priority is searching for baby too, thus definitely risking their own lives, and also in flipped wrecks, the possibility of the baby/child having been thrown from the car, is there too, so he personally advises against, unless of course you have a baby/child.

Having said this though, I do own a 'baby on board' sign, but only for when taking out my gorgeous, 10 day old, new baby nephew, JJ! :D

Your not understanding what I'm saying John you've blew it all out of proportion. Baby on board Stickers do not risk lives. You've got bad paranoia on that one, If baby on board stickers have a bad side to them maybe we should all live in padded cells and problem is solved.

Your theory is extremely overboard.

all i'm trying to say is don't use one if you don't have a baby on board. it seems other people understand where i'm coming from, i know its a really extreme example but as Zippy said firefighters do pay attention to them.

all i'm trying to say is don't use one if you don't have a baby on board. it seems other people understand where i'm coming from, i know its a really extreme example but as Zippy said firefighters do pay attention to them.

They don't pay attention to them! They would acknowledge them but they would never use them as hard information and thats not down to people abusing them eirther. Nobody could give a damn if there was a sticker in the window or not, they go to an accident in preparation of the worst scenario regardless of anything. It's suprising me that this 'Sticker' hasnt even already burnt seen as theres a fire.

I see your point, it's just too far fetched thats all

i did say its a really far fetched example of why i don't think baby on board stickers should be used instead of P-plates.

Manufacturer's Description

Never under-estimate the value of the Clippasafe Baby on Board Sign attached to your car window to remind others to drive safely.

Printed on both sides; ‘Baby on Board’ on one side, ‘Child on Board’ on the other to grow with your family. The bright yellow will attract maximum attention. Simply attaches to the rear windscreen of your car with the supplied suction cup.

Sure John P made a valid point, which I replied too, all points are valid here guys, but the fact still stands P plates rile idiot impatient drivers, ‘Baby on Board’ FOR THE SAKE of getting used to driving solo for a trip or two is likely to keep twats at bay better than a P plate will (Don't be a target).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club