Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cost To Fix Scuff On Bumper

Phil 87

I found a scuff on my front bumper the other day, actually 2 small marks which I think are from someone scraping past in a car park :(. The local Ford garage just quoted £100 plus VAT to fix it, does that sound reasonable or are they ripping me off? I can get photos if needed.

Get some photos up mate to see how bad it is :)

Hi

if the scuff has only taken the lacquer off. just wipe over with meths then with a very fine brush touch up with clear lacquer.

its quite easy really as cars nowadays are painted then lacquered over.(Tcut does not work on modern cars for this reason)

tom

I have found those scratch repair pens work well for small stuff.

"fix it pro scratch repair pen" on amazon. It creates a film of clear laquer as long as it hasn't gone too deep.

Here are some photos:

IMG 20140715 165141116

IMG 20140715 165146778

IMG 20140715 165154058

Looks like it's gone through the paint, what colour is the plastic of the bumper under the paint?

Ouch sorry to hear that Phil. £100 doesn't sound too bad to be honest but you could try a smaller independent body shop they might be a little cheaper.

Hate to see an injured ST :( hope you get it sorted mate, to be fair 100 quid + vat does seem ok from ford.

I wish my tyres still had that much tread on them! haha

• Like 1

Yeah I might just bite the bullet and get it fixed, at least with it being a Ford body shop they should do a good job. And I've only done about 2,400 miles so I'd be worried if the tyres didn't have most of their tread haha.

Yeah I might just bite the bullet and get it fixed, at least with it being a Ford body shop they should do a good job. And I've only done about 2,400 miles so I'd be worried if the tyres didn't have most of their tread haha.

What even after last week Phil?

What even after last week Phil?

Lol, that drive probably took off 1mm from each tyre, or it would if I tried to keep up with you two.

Hate to see an injured ST :( hope you get it sorted mate, to be fair 100 quid + vat does seem ok from ford.

I wish my tyres still had that much tread on them! haha

haha same here Tom just hit 4,000 miles on mine and i need 2 new front tyres already haven't got much tread in them left till there on the legal limit must have something to do with all that torque from the MP215 upgrade shredding the tyres lol :P

haha same here Tom just hit 4,000 miles on mine and i need 2 new front tyres already haven't got much tread in them left till there on the legal limit must have something to do with all that torque from the MP215 upgrade shredding the tyres lol :P

Sweet! Means your driving your ST the way its meant to be :D haha, I laid down some serious rubber on the a272 last weekend! You seen the post by Mountune on fb about the new products being released at ford fair? Hopefully stage 2 is revealed!

Sweet! Means your driving your ST the way its meant to be :D haha, I laid down some serious rubber on the a272 last weekend! You seen the post by Mountune on fb about the new products being released at ford fair? Hopefully stage 2 is revealed!

haha yeah thats very true i have to admit i was driving it like it was meant to be driven the other night found these insane country roads with lots of long straight and some amazing corners it was like this road was lifted from a track and placed in the countryside think I'm going to take the long route back from work later to have another go on it :D

yeah i saw that few days ago came up on my Facebook news feed I'm so hoping for a Stage 2 if they do bring one out and its backed by manufactures warranty i.e ( not a MR kit ) then i think my ST's going to have to have another trip to Mountune sooner than expected :D

Been Reading up a bit more on stage 2 and the thoughts on usa forums, they reckon it will be a mp as they are taking so long to release it waiting to get approval from Ford. Also likely to be a new map, intercooler, charge pipes, sports cat and exhaust. So probably mp235 or 230. And the price: 2k

• Like 1

How much does wheelspinning in the wet shred tyres? Had quite a few times accelerating hard in 2nd when it suddenly loses grip and spins the wheels a bit before traction control kicks in. Plus one time when it didn't kick in because I turned it off to see what would happen :rolleyes:.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club