Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Usb Obd11 Elm327 Fault Code Reader Any Good.

nickjaxe

Hi guys....I bought a USB OBD11 fault code reader off eBay...after a lot of faffing
about to get it to connect to the laptop...I have got it up and running
now,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4005948750...84.m1439.l2649

Using Scantool.net software it came with...only able to use the first 2 pages of info unless I pay for the full prog,

I'm new to using these devices...only got it to clear a fault light on
my daughters KA after the coil pack failed which it did without problem,

So out of curiosity...just what can I do with it...I dont understand
most of the data it displays interesting as it is me being from a by
gone age....my old landrover is steam driven...but nice to know just what I can do with it,

Is there any other free software available that may give more info that the scantool stuff I have.

Nick.

take a look at my signature for "got an error on your car?" you will find use in the likes of FORDSCAN with that software, although to get the best out of it, I suggest you modify it to read High Speed and Medium Speed CAN.

have a look at the Focus Guides section and read through the instructions there for modified ELM327 cable

Thanks for that Jeebowhite...had a read of that....interesting...some of its more advance that I need to go,

Thanks again.

Nick.

No worries,

Either way you can do a lot, read a lot of live data so if you get an issue the live data can be exported to a file, uploaded and others can see if the errors are due to a bad sensor reading, often just cleaning the sensor can bring it back to normal. I would say start off by downloading FORSCAN and try that with the cable :)

I see...FORSCAN...can I use that without modifieing the reader cable as in your older post.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club