Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brembo Break Disc And Pads?!?

focusdom

Hello folks,

If got a focus 1.6 patrol 11reg and the standard break system in it.

Thinking of buying Brembo break discs and pads, would you recommend it our anyone made already experience with it?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Brembo are what Lewis Hamilton was running when his disc disintegrated at German GP.

Seriously though they should be good my son has Brembo calipers on his clio sport and they look really good

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If got a focus 1.6 patrol 11reg and the standard break system in it.

Ah, yes, I'm sure you do, but

• Are you replacing something that is worn out?
  • Is there something in particular wrong with the standard brake system?

If the answer to at least one of those questions is not yes, then I'd just leave it as is.

Thinking of buying brembo break discs and pads, would you recommend it our anyone made already experience with it?

Well, if you are replacing something that is worn out, you have to replace that bit, anyway. New, plain, disks probably don't do anything much for your stopping power, one against another, but may well last better than standard Ford parts, but there probably isn't any mileage in going down that route for increased life, unless you've got something worn out.

The only Brembo pads that I've seen for sale for the Mondeo have been Brembo's 'standard' pads, and those probably aren't very different from the standard ones, because they are intended to be very like the standard parts, in most respects. That said, if I was looking to replace my brake pads, Brembo is one of the ones that I'd be strongly considering, because I trust that they make decent parts.

(Just to expand slightly, the list of ones that I'd consider would be:

• Pagid
  • Mintex
  • Ferodo
  • EBC
  • Brembo

From that list, EBC have the advantage that they produce four or five different compounds, and they give you some idea of the differences between them, so there is a good chance that you can choose the most suitable one for you. And, with the exception of their Ultimax, they aren't supposed to be imitations of the OEM pads, but still be better. OTOH, (apart from the Ultimax) they are at the expensive end...

Mintex also have produced different pads for different purposes, but I can't tell what their normal road parts are.

All of that lot produce some excellent performance Brake pads, Brembo, Pagid and Ferodo particularly, but the parts for road use, for ordinary cars, aren't the excellent pads that they do for racing. It is completely unclear how close the 'road pads' are to the 'race pads' for everyone except EBC, where that is only partially unclear.... OTOH, these are 'big name' performance suppliers, and they wouldn't want people complaining that their pads are rubbish.)

Oh, and Pagid, Mintex, EBC and Brembo all do disks (not sure about Ferodo...they may well do, but I can't remember seeing them advertised). EBC are expensive. Mintex and Pagid are both part of TMD (along with Don, and Textar), and their disks may even be the same parts, I don't know. But broadly, I'd doubt that you can tell the difference between plain-faced disks in braking performance from the driving seat, although longevity may be a different matter.

Are you talking about the Brembo big brake package? Iirc they do 3 different sizes that won't fit the standard 16" wheels

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Are you talking about the brembo big brake package? Iirc they do 3 different sizes that won't fit the standard 16" wheels

....and, if you are, you can more-or-less ignore my reply, because I assumed that you were talking about the Brembo replacement parts, in the standard size.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club