Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

any victory, size independent, is a massive victory against a corsa.

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

Hear hear.  On my route home from work there is a brief dual carriageway (basically just a half mile overtaking lane) and one evening we overtook a Corsa.  It was a young man driving and as we passed I could see him look over and he changed down a gear and (tried to) accelerate to out-run us...  Yeah, needless to say that in a few seconds we had easily out-accelerated him and got in front.

The Nissan Primera may not look like a fast car, but with a 1.8 under the bonnet it will outrun a 1.2 Corsa any day of the week! :cool:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

On the path/bridleway that follows the river Stour into deeper Dorset, where I often go up with Brandy on the longer weekend walks.  Behind a row of houses that adjoin it, where the  back gardens back on to the path. In one of the gardens, there appears to be a Corsa being used to keep a compost heap upright and contained.  Unless it's just the rear end of a Corsa propped against the compost.

I suppose a Corsa is better than nothing as compost heap supports to go: there are vastly superior compost retainers and bins. 

I notice spellcheck doesn't like the word "Corsa" :laugh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

On the path/bridleway that follows the river Stour into deeper Dorset, where I often go up with Brandy on the longer weekend walks.  Behind a row of houses that adjoin it, where the  back gardens back on to the path. In one of the gardens, there appears to be a Corsa being used to keep a compost heap upright and contained.  Unless it's just the rear end of a Corsa propped against the compost.

I suppose a Corsa is better than nothing as compost heap supports to go: there are vastly superior compost retainers and bins. 

Same as the rest of us, then!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GMX said:

There's also the possibility that the Corsa is gradually decaying into compost after being abandoned in a garden :tongue:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil 87 said:

There's also the possibility that the Corsa is gradually decaying into compost after being abandoned in a garden :P

At least Zafiras self cremate  . . . . :smile:

• Like 2

Compost heaps can if big enough, and contain the right balance of material, self-ignite like Zafiras but less spectacularly: more of a slow smouldering burn

We sometimes come across abandoned cars, in some unlikely places, on the longer weekend walks, more frequently than you would think would.  Haven't their owners heard of scrap dealers?

Nothing of the typical "barn find" type though, Vauxhall, Fiat and Renault seem to be the most common brands to abandon.

• Like 1

Was going to say, the Corsa is a massive piece of dung anyway, its probably been added on by the owner, as it makes better compost than a car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Probably no kids either in that car.

Think it was a kid who parked it!!!! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Think it was a kid who parked it!!!! 

Most likely!

• Like 1

Always loved this thread :laugh:

The amount of times I tell people not get a Corsa and they do and regret it...

I was cruising down the A10 last week, and could see plumes of smoke in the distance and every body changing lane, getting closer I could see it was a car.. A Vauxhall Zafira.

Instead of pulling over, the driver decided to just keep driving it as if nothing was going wrong... The lights went red and everyone was just staring at this car that was turning into a sauna, the lights went green and they just carried on as normal?!?

I got out of there quite quickly after seeing that..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Maxxxykins said:

Always loved this thread :laugh:

The amount of times I tell people not get a Corsa and they do and regret it...

I was cruising down the A10 last week, and could see plumes of smoke in the distance and every body changing lane, getting closer I could see it was a car.. A Vauxhall Zafira.

Instead of pulling over, the driver decided to just keep driving it as if nothing was going wrong... The lights went red and everyone was just staring at this car that was turning into a sauna, the lights went green and they just carried on as normal?!?

I got out of there quite quickly after seeing that..

Absolutely no sympathy...

None at all,

Another annoyance... Limited edition Corsa's... I don't think Vauxhall quite understood the title of "Limited"

The people or "kids" that drive them, give the car a worse reputation that what they already have

• Like 1

Limited refers to the spec. As in "limited money and effort spent on the development or build" :p

• Like 3

Haha that's a good one, think the drivers have a limited knowledge as well

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

Haha that's a good one, think the drivers have a limited knowledge as well

Yep!  Limited Edition cars for mentally limited drivers.

• Like 4

Limited refers to the spec. As in "limited money and effort spent on the development or build" :p

Tbf if they are any more powerful or quick than a standard corsa then they will quickly become very limited editions... Should have bought one and garaged it... Probably be the only one that isn't upside down in 3 years time...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ianb said:

Tbf if they are any more powerful or quick than a standard corsa then they will quickly become very limited editions... Should have bought one and garaged it... Probably be the only one that isn't upside down in 3 years time...

That's a good point actually.  Being a Vauxhall, the more popular it is when new, the rarer it will be in 3-5 years.

• Like 1

Tbh I reckon that because Corsas are so happy on their roof that you could lock one in a garage overnight and on opening up in the morning it would be upside down.[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club