Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

I wish the mods would get a grip of this thread and send out warning messages to the blasphemous folks who are making unnecessary comments

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

The new Astra's in the 1.4L turbo petrol guise do sound tempting, with the 6-speed auto. 150PS ain't too bad for a car of that size, roughly equivalent with Focus 1.5L Ecoboost, but you can get it for much cheaper. Of course I'd rather get the Focus, but if budget is tight, then I'd say the gap between Ford and Vauxhall might have narrowed a bit? 

But if I had one parked in my driveway, I would still wince every time I saw the badge on it lol.

P.S: Please don't shoot me, my excuse is that I've had a bad week, so take anything I say for now with a pinch of salt :tongue:

• Like 4

I got it into my head to get a twin turbo diesel astra. I took one for a test drive and totally loved it. It will wipe the floor with the 2.2 200ps mondeo tit x sport. However. The boot is effing small. Just about 100 litres smaller than the focus. So. No astra for me.

I think the time has come when Vauxhall needs to be added to the censored words list... 

• Like 5

"Vauxhall Corsa is worst offender for combined write-off and finance warnings"

"Analysis of used car registration searches during April 2015 to May 2016 has shown that the Vauxhall Corsa is most likely to have both a write-off and an outstanding finance marker on it. The Corsa SXI AC was the riskiest overall, with 6.25% of those checked having both these serious warnings and 58.47% having at least one warning. Their average value was £7,348."

https://www.mycarcheck.com/blog/vauxhall-corsa-is-worst-offender-for-combined-write-off-and-finance-warnings/?utm_source=151201+Mailable+Customer+Database&utm_campaign=228f84331f-160531+Monthly+Round-up&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_08b17a9abe-228f84331f-122226329

• Like 1

Good to see the BMW getting high in that chart as well

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 2

Blimey. A motorbike in a cars top 10. Oh dear focus zetec in that list too.

54 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Blimey. A motorbike in a cars top 10. Oh dear focus zetec in that list too.

Look on the bright side - there are three Vauxhalls! :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

This mug decided to drown his Zafira in today's flooding in London...obviously didn't like it very much!

Video:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=681680358646580&id=143233165824638

floodinglondon0706b.jpg

FB_IMG_1465333938345.jpg

Well as the least it prevented it catching fire! :laugh:

Ah.. so that's were our forecasted heavy rain went!

If he's just killed a Vauxhall then why isn't he smiling?

• Like 5

I suppose it's probably like a vet putting down a newborn animal that's got severe problems.... he's not really going to smile about it...

• Like 3

At Tescos tonight, I parked behind, and Brandy peed next to (pre-shopping ablutions) , what was clearly someone who was embarrassed/ashamed to be driving a brown Vauxhall Astra and who would rather you didn't know what it was.

The griffin badge on the tailgate had been sanded, somewhat crudely, to remove the overall griffon-ess.  The first part of "Vauxhall" had been partiallly broken off leaving "all" and where it been "Astra" it displayed "As" with a new "S" painted in silver next to it. The badge at the front had been prized out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

45 minutes ago, GMX said:

I'm not at all surprised...  I always feel slightly nervous when I see a Vauxhall coming in the other direction, hoping to God that they stay on the correct side of the road!

He'd have to do quite an awkward unnatural manoeuvre of the roundabout junction with the A31, to end up on the wrong side of the road there

He'd also have to be a special kind of idiot not to notice the oncoming traffic too:mellow:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GMX said:

He'd have to do quite an awkward unnatural manoeuvre of the roundabout junction with the A31, to end up on the wrong side of the road there

He'd also have to be a special kind of idiot not to notice the oncoming traffic too:mellow:

He's a Vauxhall driver, so would have just been thinking "why are all these oncoming cars going in the wrong direction!?"...  Rule #1 of driving a Vauxhall is that every other driver is wrong and you are right. 

8 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

He's a Vauxhall driver, so would have just been thinking "why are all these oncoming cars going in the wrong direction!?"...  Rule #1 of driving a Vauxhall is that every other driver is wrong and you are right. 

That is true

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

The Vauxhall Vectra on the left... 

Can anyone make it out? 

I'll give you the answer if you can't get it. 

Did anyone notice on the BBC News at 10 last night, Labour leadership challenger Angela Eagle got out of a Vauxhall Astra to speak to the journalists?

29 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

The Vauxhall Vectra on the left... 

Can anyone make it out? 

I'll give you the answer if you can't get it. 

It's on the pavement wedged up against the streetlight?

It is, yeah, but that isn't what I'm looking for, look harder😉

Is it an unmarked cop car with a hairdryer on board? (Speed gun)

• Like 1

It has a pole sticking through the rear windscreen? 

• Like 1