Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

14 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I was careful in my wording! :laugh:

There are some perfectly "normal", intelligent and sensible people out there who buy and drive Vauxhalls, believe it or not...  Not many, but a few.

You would of been reprimanded if you wasn't ;) :laugh: ...

Well their are a few normal folk out there driving Vauxhalls with some intelligence but unfortunately theirs too many chav's driving them these days  ..

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

i had 5 vauxhalls . oppps did i realy type that and post up . lol

Nothing to be ashamed of Ian ;) as they use to to be fairly decent motors at one time mate ..

9 minutes ago, E TEA 66 said:

You would of been reprimanded if you wasn't ;) :laugh: ...

Well their are a few normal folk out there driving Vauxhalls with some intelligence but unfortunately theirs too many chav's driving them these days  ..

Yep.  At the end of the day a car is a car, and if it gets you from A to B then it serves its purpose, regardless of what make it is.  Personally I would never drive a Vauxhall as I have my standards, just like I have standards of what clothes I wear and what food I eat.  Everybody is entitled to do what they want though.

they were actually , never had any issues with my 1980's/early 1990's astras and cavaliers. had a 1983 sri cavalier and did 120k in it , all i did was pads and a few oil changes/plugs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yep.  At the end of the day a car is a car, and if it gets you from A to B then it serves its purpose, regardless of what make it is.  Personally I would never drive a Vauxhall as I have my standards, just like I have standards of what clothes I wear and what food I eat.  Everybody is entitled to do what they want though.

Quite true a car is a car which we generally rely on to get from place to place and yes some of us like to have certain personal touches on them .Yes we all have our standards for one thing or another including cars and even though i wouldn't be tempted to drive a modern Vauxhall the 80's and 90's models i had were good but i'd been turned off getting another Vauxhall due to hearing about constant issues from other Vauxhall owners over these last 13 years or so ..

they were actually , never had any issues with my 1980's/early 1990's astras and cavaliers. had a 1983 sri cavalier and did 120k in it , all i did was pads and a few oil changes/plugs.

Never had Astra's or Cavaliers but always wanted an SRi bitd and tbh i think the 80's SRi's were pretty good cars tbh as that mileage proves that if their looked after they'll last well ..

I had an 1982 2door Nova saloon base model which was my 1st car and spent a grand on it getting it all ship shape and that included a  full respray in mexico red any way it never let me down once over the 2 years of ownership and then in 2004 i had a 1999 diesel Vectra which was a great motorway cruiser and comfy as hell but had it on finance and found after 12 months i couldn't afford the payments so told the finance company and agreed for it to go reluctantly ..

18 hours ago, iantt said:

i had 5 vauxhalls . oppps did i realy type that and post up . lol

You swine :wacko:

• Haha 1

Talking about appreciation, my focus zetec mk2 GAINED £1 in value. I paid £4999, I got paid £5000 by a kid dealership when I px'd it for the ceed...
That's free driving lol.

Must admit I'm considering my next car for when my insurance eventually pays out. I'm considering the Nissan washing 7 seater. I prefer the looks of it over the standard minivan of most models and the depreciation of the car works in my favour. For example 40k on the clock for a 4 year old car... 8k!
And it's not a vauxhall, and it's not too thirsty, and it's not a minivan and it's not a vauxhall lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was careful in my wording! laugh.png
There are some perfectly "normal", intelligent and sensible people out there who buy and drive Vauxhalls, believe it or not...  Not many, but a few.

Ironically I agree with you. I know a few owners and they are nice people, one of my best friends drives a vxr8.

I tell my kids event at 4 and 6,dpmt buy vauxhalls, they turn most normal people into blithering tools and destroy their sense and ability to drive... My kids have learned thankfully.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Now that's a proper wolf in sheep's clothing. Nowt poor about this vauxhall.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1500393360524.thumb.jpg.63f418f8ea8d2be30b9cf423cd8be53e.jpg

is that a for sale sign behind it for the corsa £6 seems reasonable to me.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, iantt said:

is that a for sale sign behind it for the corsa £6 seems reasonable to me.

I saw a young guy get into a newish (around12 plate?) Corsa the other day, thing is he was carrying a large bag full of sharp Hugo Boss clothing he'd bought (or stolen?), but the bag must have been worth more than the car lol.

• Like 1

Oh dear and how could you possibly think £6 for a Vauxhall is reasonable,,,,,, get out and have a word with yourself man lol

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

haha what an idiot, i like this thread im glad its made a reappearance.

On 21/03/2017 at 12:07 AM, Lenny said:

2.3 litre turbo charged Saab engine in a Corsa B

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361926607198?redirect=mobile 

You can't go wrong with that price. It'll probably beat newer corsas. Would be fun to get an old volvo estate and fit a big v8 in it as these cars have big bonnets. There was a white fiesta St on eBay which had a turbo installed (£2500) and some other stuff with 33k miles. It was going for around £3500. It was also featured on the fast ford mags

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Terrible DIY paint job and sounds like it's got a straight pipe.

5b167026c0618f51378df9c3eb7844e3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 18/07/2017 at 6:50 PM, Incontro said:

I saw a young guy get into a newish (around12 plate?) Corsa the other day, thing is he was carrying a large bag full of sharp Hugo Boss clothing he'd bought (or stolen?), but the bag must have been worth more than the car lol.

I've been surprised by what some of the students in my uni drive. Seen people in golf R's, 15 plate BMW x6, A5s. Either it's their parents cars, rich Arabs or are using every penny from their job to pay for their finance. With me I bought my fiesta outright for £1900 and paid £1270 for insurance. I don't see the point spending more money on a nice new car if your in your early / post 20s studying. If you can afford a new car like the ones I previously said I don't see the point in going to uni if you can afford them.