Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor Vauxhall!

nath.mk7.st

vauxhall the topic of discussion on watchdog tonight! 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

vauxhall the topic of discussion on watchdog tonight! 

On the radio this morning they said Vauxhall denied any claims of Corsa's catching fire...despite all the pictures of them lol??  Will be interesting to see what happens on WD!!

Is it the same as zafira  heaters  catching  fire :smile:

2 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I can see a pattern forming here! 

17 minutes ago, dezwez said:

i couldnt possibly say.

I was going to email some pictures taken by me to watchdog tonight, showing the exact same damage as you seen on the corsa but in a fiat punto. Why are they limiting this publicity of fires to the corsa when the punto suffers the same problem with the melted wiring loom?

the dodgy loom he showed covered in black tape is available as a genuine Vauxhall spare because these melted connectors is a big issue! Last one I done failed exactly a year later. I then replaced it with a modified wiring loom which has solved the problem. 

• Like 3

Well it's a corsa. Less of them on the road the better

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I know we happily rag Vauxhall's cars and owners here but this situation is outrageous.
Vauxhall wiring has always been a bit pony but cars that happily try to roast their drivers is a disgrace.
Vauxhall need to man up, grow a hairy pair and accept liability sharpish.
It wouldn't be permitted in America, a class action lawsuit would be incoming pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

One word-
MARSHMALLOWS emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G930F

Well, technically given the season it should probably be chestnuts... :wink:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, stef123 said:

I was going to email some pictures taken by me to watchdog tonight, showing the exact same damage as you seen on the corsa but in a fiat punto. Why are they limiting this publicity of fires to the corsa when the punto suffers the same problem with the melted wiring loom?

the dodgy loom he showed covered in black tape is available as a genuine Vauxhall spare because these melted connectors is a big issue! Last one I done failed exactly a year later. I then replaced it with a modified wiring loom which has solved the problem. 

That piece of loom also melts on 306s!  Granted they're a lot older but still the same issue.  However I've not seen or heard of any bursting into flames like the Corsas seem to...what the hell do they make them with??  I thought fabrics etc fitted to cars would all have to be fire resistant these days, like house carpets and sofas are. :unsure: 

What I also found surprising was that the Corsas he tested were all found to be non-AC models...I'm amazed you can buy a Corsa that modern without AC, how tight are these Corsa buyers!? :laugh: 

• Like 1

...I'm amazed you can buy a Corsa that modern without AC, how tight are these Corsa buyers!? [emoji23] 

This AC thing really amazed me when I was car hunting. Never understood why cars came with no ac even in the first place. Like come on that should be standard

This AC thing really amazed me when I was car hunting. Never understood why cars came with no ac even in the first place. Like come on that should be standard

My parents have got a 13 plate Skoda Rapid which, as well as no AC, has wind up windows in the back!

My parents have got a 13 plate Skoda Rapid which, as well as no AC, has wind up windows in the back!

gtfo. Wind up windows on a 13 plate no waayy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

my focus has rear wind up windows.

And mine :smile:

Should've got a Titanium...  Its great accidentally hitting the wrong damn button half the time and dropping the rear window... :laugh:

You can also still get small cars with front winders though, poverty spec Pixo and C1 etc.  How they sell those I don't know!!  Surely even old people that don't like technology would rather press a button than aggregate thier arthritis on a winder. :unsure:

8 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/insignia/92600/new-2017-vauxhall-insignia-grand-sport-specs-pics-and-qa

This does not look half as bad. Might actually give the mondeo a run for its money. The interior is nice as well

hope its nothing like the 2016 insignia.

Saw this in the local news earlier!!

Isn't it about time the poor police got better cars?

(Thankfully the police officer only sustained minor injuries)

1481200314052.jpg--police_car_and_van_in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

my focus has rear wind up windows.

How come, yours is a Mk3?

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

And mine :smile:

And yours a Mk2.5!

I thought Ford had stopped fitting them with the launch of the Mk2

My Mk1 Focus has rear wind up windows but my Mk2 Focus has all electric ones.

Wind up windows have one advantage over electrics. Brandy has these grill things that go between the frame and the dropped glass.  It's quicker to install them on the wind up windows on the Mk1 than it is on the Mk2.  It seems to take twice as long finding exactly the right position for the glass, via the switch, and should you press too long when raising the window to the grill: the window thinks something's trapped and lowers all the way down:mellow:

tight ***** ford still dont put rear elec windows on style and zetec specs. still, i dont sit in the back so i aint bothered. lol

• Like 2

hope its nothing like the 2016 insignia.

Nope. Looks very good

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

tight ***** ford still dont put rear elec windows on style and zetec specs. still, i dont sit in the back so i aint bothered. lol

Same here I don’t use them :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club