Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tinted Rear Lights

NickM47

So I decided to be brave and me and a friend attempted tot isn't the rear lights of my baby fiesta. I am very happy with the results!! Went a lot better then I thought (thank God) attached are the results. I hope you all share my opinion and think they look great

Nick

Sent from my LG-D855 using Ford OC mobile app

post-51846-140558780728_thumb.jpg

post-51846-140558783354_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i have mine tinted and gives it the little edge on the rear i like it, did you not remove the lights to do it tho? rather than leaving them on the car?

• Like 1

Yeah I think it looks the dogs. We went to remove them but in the end we left them on the car and masked off the car as you can see. They are big lights and arnt really any tricky places to cover and the end result looks pretty much flawless

good goood easier than the £100 they are on eBay

• Like 1

Yeah exactly. Get a sense of achievement doing it yourself as well. Also on the picture the left light looks lighter but it's just where the Sun is making it look that way

• Like 1

It does look good with the dark blue colour, sorry for my ignorance, but how do you tint it, is it a spray or a laminant?

• Like 1

When I first heard of it I had the same question so it's not your ignorance don't worry lol I got it in a spray can from Halfords which cost me 11.99 I believe. Just says rear light tints on the can it's pretty good I'd recommend it over buying tinted lights any day

• Like 1

mines a laminate so its easy to remove but looks the same just mine cost me £60 to get enough to do both rear lights

• Like 1

Looks great. Iv been thinking of doing mine but wasnt sure if it was street legal. Like jeff sorry for my ignorance, just have heard different things online.

Do you rekon this stuff is any good guys? Wanting to tint my lights on my focus!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

In all honestly mate I have never used film I have only used spray so can't comment. I think spray is a lot easier as well. Give the car a good clean, mask it off and spray till you get the desired effect good thing about the spray is you can stop when it's dark enough for you or just keep going. With film it's that darkness and that's that

Yeah good point mate I'm going to give this stuff a go! I take it you just clean the lights and spray it on then? Don't need to sand down or anything? And for legal issues does anyone know what can and can't be tinted? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271009988640

No need for sanding just make sure they are clean and dry. I don't think it matters about your rear lights as long as you can tell the difference between the brakes,indicators, reverse light etc. I actually sprayed my deflectors a little bit which is illegal but look greAt haha

• Like 1

I used that spray tint and it is really good and easy to use.

I only ordered one can and ran out before I got the desired look for me. So I'm guna buy a second can. Might be worth buying 2.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

So what is legal and not legal when it comes to spraying lights on cars then? Would rather know before I start spraying lol

• Like 1

Along as you can clearly see the brake lights and distinguish between brake, indicator, fog, reverse then that will be fine.

I don't think your allowed to tint the reflective part of the lights.

• Like 1

Ok then mate, cheers! Are headlights ok to do as well or are they a no no?

• Like 1

That can does say headlights but I personally wouldn't.