Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Supplies

liam1984

Right im wanting to put a engine flush in my oil and then drop the oil and do the filters, where is the best place to get these from and also how much oil do i need? Im also wanting to do the front discs and pads any ideas on good products but a cheap price? Tia folks

Liam

Sent from my C1905 using Ford OC mobile app

Also which egr blanking plate would i need and how do you change the fuel filter?

Anybody?

I have been away for a good few days, so have just seen this:

1) Engine flush is available at almost any car parts place, Euro Car Parts are cheaper than Halfords, so I would start by looking there. Remember that the flush goes in after the engine oil has been drained in most circumstances, so you need to read carefully the instructions

2) mintex are an excellent quality pad and disk offering, to be honest it depends how much you have to hand, I was looking to buy an unnamed brand off eBay, all disks and pads for under £90 which would certainly do the job, and as I didnt drive it like a race car, I would never need the uprated braking performance.

3) blanking plate, search for MK3 mondeo blanking plate on eBay, you want a stainless steel without hole and for the most part they are all the same shape and size, some are more rounded at the bottom others more pointy.

4) for changing fuel filter, you should have a container of fuel, the new filter, a decent syringe, and its always handy to have a priming bulb on standby.

With the filter, remove the old, fill the new with nice diesel, brim it, install it, brim it some more, open the bleed valve and pour even more diesel in, if you expell as much air as possible, this will rapidly reduce the time it takes to start the engine and keep it going. Dont be surprised if when you have started the car it stops, just try again.

Thanks mate had s look round, got all filters and oil from gsf for about £45 and got mintex discs and pads for about the same, both off eBay! Iv also orded 2 stainless egr blanking plates (just incase there abit thin) im also going to renew the gearbox oil and coolant and clean the egr and inlet so and tips or pointer would be fantastic!

Ignore this post now, just realised you have already bought your bits n pieces for the car

Try euro car parts for Pagid discs and pads. I fit them as standard to any car I'm changing brakes on unless specified otherwise. I have fitted dozens of sets and never had any complaints. They also use a silver paint type costing that means you don't need to clean any oil off them. They tend to stay good looking for a while too.

Engine oil you will need around 6 litres iirc. I'm not a fan of flushing additives unless absolutely necessary. I'm a big believer that modern oil changed correctly and at the correct interval or earlier should keep the engine clean.