Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Fiesta Mk7's Squeaking Noise That Shudders/stunts?

Maxxxykins

Hi All,

Last month I traded in my Zetec and got a newer titanium, Great you may say..

However, before I traded in my Zetec I heard a loud squeaking sound when accelerating, I told the dealer about this when I gave it back and he said it's probably nothing, its ours to deal with now anyway! Great you may say...

However today, going down the road, with my windows down (As it is boiling, although the climate control and A/C in the titanium is great) I heard the squeak again, this time I was just coasting along... So I tried accelerating and there it is again!

When the car makes this noise it's almost as if the car taps the brakes just slightly aswell, only for a second. It's quite hard to explain but you can feel the car jolt very lightly, it doesn't necessarily shudder, very strange. You know when you go over a pothole and you can feel it momentarily? Basically that. The rest of the time the car makes no unexpected noises what so ever.

Seems to only happen in third gear in my Titanium but in my Zetec it was second gear, also have to get over atleast 3000 revs, apart from the time it just randomly did it.

Any ideas? Brakes getting stuck, something grinding? It seems to comes from the drivers side front.

If not I will take it to the dealers and question it.

Thanks!

Squeak or a long squeal, like a mouse or a pig being raped?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Squeak or a long squeal, like a mouse or a pig being raped?

A mouse.

When you go on throttle or come off or just whenever?

Had to sign up, I have exactly the same problem with mine over the last week. (Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Petrol, 2011 MK7.)

When i accelerate usually in 3rd, occasionally happens in 2nd. There is a squeak from i think the front right tyre, also as stated above its like someone is hitting the brake for a split second, which causes a hiccup/stutter/jolt like effect.

This usually happens when accelerating quite harshly but has happened when not.

I have had 4 new tyres put on the car and tracking done 2 weeks ago, no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Its almost like the brake is catching... But i don't know s*** about cars.

Need to get it to a garage.

When you go on throttle or come off or just whenever?

99.9% time when on the throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Had to sign up, I have exactly the same problem with mine over the last week. (Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Petrol, 2011 MK7.)

When i accelerate usually in 3rd, occasionally happens in 2nd. There is a squeak from i think the front right tyre, also as stated above its like someone is hitting the brake for a split second, which causes a hiccup/stutter/jolt like effect.

This usually happens when accelerating quite harshly but has happened when not.

I have had 4 new tyres put on the car and tracking done 2 weeks ago, no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Its almost like the brake is catching... But i don't know s*** about cars.

Need to get it to a garage.

This is exactly what happens, the tyres on mine are pretty new and I told the dealer I want the alloys refurbished or swapped before I bought it, not sure what they did. And yeah it happens more when you harshly accelerate.

I've got mine to go in on Monday as its still under Warranty.

I'll let you know what i hear unless you hear anything sooner.

I've got mine to go in on Monday as its still under Warranty.

I'll let you know what i hear unless you hear anything sooner.

Cheers, hopefully it's something small!

Theres a tsb on the brakes dragging. Due to dust build up on the brake carries. Just need cleaning and greasing and a chamfer putting on the pads and grinding the paint off the pads where it sits into the carrier.

Other tsb relavent to that is the intermidiate shaft bearing on the o/s driveshaft causing it to squal and squeak

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Theres a tsb on the brakes dragging. Due to dust build up on the brake carries. Just need cleaning and greasing and a chamfer putting on the pads and grinding the paint off the pads where it sits into the carrier.

Other tsb relavent to that is the intermidiate shaft bearing on the o/s driveshaft causing it to squal and squeak

Thanks for that, have you got a link to the first TSB or is it on Ford Etis?

Should be all on ford etis. Not too sure what acsess the general public have on ford etis. 2009 for the year rings a bell but not 100%

Could be a pulley. If on boost you sure it isn't just the turbo squealing away? Mine makes all sorts of noises.

Well mine went in today, typically the fault didn't happen driving in this morning. Came back with no fault found.... so I'm totally baffd... It started last weds, continued and got worse by the Friday didn't drive it on the weekend.

Could be a pulley. If on boost you sure it isn't just the turbo squealing away? Mine makes all sorts of noises.

don't have a turbo in either of mine!

Well mine went in today, typically the fault didn't happen driving in this morning. Came back with no fault found.... so I'm totally baffd... It started last weds, continued and got worse by the Friday didn't drive it on the weekend.

Typical, didn't happen on mine yesterday but no doubt will hear it today, might take it in soon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club