Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminating Ignition Help Asap!

footfistart

So I've fitted the ignition illumination and it doesn't work. I've unplugged it and plugged in the original light and it doesn't work? I've checked the fuse 104 in passenger fuse box and it's fine? Any other reason or another fuse? I need help ASAP?

Many Thanks Ryan

Have you looked at lenny guide on this?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

So youve disconnected the light and put the light plugs into the ring plugs then plugged the other 2 ring plugs into the light? If youve done that and the fuse is okay the rings faulty

Theres 4 plugs on the ring 2 where the interior light plugs into and 2 that go on the interior light connections

It lives. The fuse did blow just didn't look like itI pulled it out and was fine and a few others just incase but they were all fine. So I locked the car and went back and had another check at that fuse with fresh eyes and it was blown. Your right the car is sensitive. It's done and works. The wiring is horrendous. On one of the plug is had to take the connectors of and crimp them myself as one wire had cone away from feeding in the roof liner. I followed the guide to a tee. It looks good I'll gets pics. I just need some 501 leds to match the colour now. I went for white light as I can't stand coloured light in cars.

Thanks for all your help all the same.

Ryan

Glad you got it sorted out.

Yeh, the courtesy light is very hard on fuses for some strange reason.

When I swapped bulbs in my light when I first got my car I blew 3 fuses in quick succession.

Tbh I pulled the wrong fuse and put it back in the wrong slot, just my luck it was for the immobiliser.

Much cursing and sweating insued.

Sent from my S5

Three fuses?? Doh! I'm glad I had a couple of spare crimps laying around and the right size. Wouldn't be able to do that again. I didn't enjoy this mod only because of the trim. It's a pain to remove and refit. A lot of it removed a refitted a couple of time to realign bits. But done now. What fuses did it blow as I'll be replacing my bulbs to match the ignition just so I know if it happens to me.

• Like 1

Have you looked at lenny guide on this?

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

:) thanks karl,

Heres a link for those on Google: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1