Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Did You Save At Halfords

Steve

A lass that used to live up the road from me bought a set of Halfords Specials alloys...Because the original wheels on her Clio were "too chavvy"

Her Mum couldn't understand why I laughed.

The Clio died, replaced with a Smart Car (too scary at anything over 40 apparentl) and currently drives...a Corsa...

(To be fair, they had been abused - former owner was a boyracer chav who probably nicked it off his Mum because his Corsa die)*

*that may well, quite possibly be without doubt 100% made up...but might be true, I dunno...it had been thrashed though

A lass that used to live up the road from me bought a set of Halfords Specials alloys...Because the original wheels on her Clio were "too chavvy"

Her Mum couldn't understand why I laughed.

The Clio died, replaced with a Smart Car (too scary at anything over 40 apparentl) and currently drives...a Corsa...

(To be fair, they had been abused - former owner was a boyracer chav who probably nicked it off his Mum because his Corsa die)*

*that may well, quite possibly be without doubt 100% made up...but might be true, I dunno...it had been thrashed though

ah you see theres the problem corsa's guidelines say not to apply full pressure on the accelerator for over 5seconds and the car is too cheaply built to withstand this sort of abuse and will die.

• Like 1

Must admit, i watched wheeler dealers trading up, in Sweden if your young your allowed to drive a car that's gearbox restricted your only allowed second gear and 30 MPH it sounds great,and something I believe should be enforced to anyone under 20 with a first car and a chavs car....

• Like 2

Must admit, i watched wheeler dealers trading up, in Sweden if your young your allowed to drive a car that's gearbox restricted your only allowed second gear and 30 MPH it sounds great,and something I believe should be enforced to anyone under 20 with a first car and a chavs car....

sounds like mechanics are going to be busy with all the gearboxs they will need to fix if thats enforced and if it is who is going to abide by it. current laws are being broken every day, people are taking advantage of everything now of days. I don't think it will be enforced anyway too much people will moan about it. Besides probably cause many accidents as people get used to having to expect other cars to be going 30mph. obviously these people with the restrictions wont be allowed on the motorway i presume. So all the national roads will be backed up whilst people wait for a safe opportunity to overtake and if its rush hour that opportunity wont come fast. they should just restrict vauxhalls ha ha no more dangerous corsa drivers (and i mean restrict them no matter how old or experienced the driver is).

speaking bout dangerous vauxhall drivers i had one up my backside on the way home from work this morning, i broke and then accelerated rapidly for a while just to annoy him off cause he wasnt getting the message the first time i tapped the breaks.

P.S I thought this was a 99% un moderated section so why does saying p i s s get censored

• Like 2

true that Mark :) and I have had enough of Corsa's recently...

With regards the censorship, we used to have no filter but in order to keep the forum family friendly we had to implement a filter. Sadly, it does affect the whole forum so swearing here is also censored, but if you want to swear and space it out, we wont bite or bark :D

Also the content of what you put up is a little more relaxed, within reason of course :)

• Like 1

true that Mark :) and I have had enough of Corsa's recently...

With regards the censorship, we used to have no filter but in order to keep the forum family friendly we had to implement a filter. Sadly, it does affect the whole forum so swearing here is also censored, but if you want to swear and space it out, we wont bite or bark :D

Also the content of what you put up is a little more relaxed, within reason of course :)

dont worry jeebs im not an angry man but its very hard for an Irishman not to swear :P hahah i have to bite my tung (sorry cant spell either apparently ;) ) the amount of times i've had to re-word my comments is unbelievable hahah.

a forum i used to be on had a filter too but instead of !Removed! something else would come up like example

a r s e would come up pudding hatch and so on hahaha just a suggestion. of course it wouldn't just be that phrase used. they had a different on for each curse. it was quite amusing tho.

I know you have had enough of corsa's so have i every few cars i see on the road had been a corsa or some other vauxhall i think they have waged war on ford owners so lads be aware we are all being targeted

• Like 1

Having an Irish wife I know very well the capacity for swearing.

You haven't heard a curse word properly until you've encountered it in a strong Belfast accent ;)

• Like 1

Having an Irish wife I know very well the capacity for swearing.

You haven't heard a curse word properly until you've encountered it in a strong Belfast accent ;)

I know haha you can hear a swear word in Ireland everywhere if your walking down the street and you over hear something there is bound to be a swear word in there some were we are also the only people who can walk up to the gardai and ask the " any craic?" which translates to "any news?"

• Like 2

I'm Irish in my heart I guess, my language is terrible lol

• Like 1

Not aslong as Vauxhall continue to manufacture Corsa's

The Ripspeed range will keep the wolf from the door at Halfords

:lol: :lol: crying here! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Just seen this on my friends Facebook and had a giggle.

post-50491-141267525564_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

haha, a high level of irony :)

• Like 2

Saved 6.74 Euro today at Halfords using the FOC discount card :)

The second Vibe FastPlug arrived back in stock so they give me a call to go and collect,

it's over 50 pounds cheaper to purchase a vibe slick 8 AWG wiring kit which contains a 5 metre male-male RCA cable among other parts,

Compared to logging on eBay and purchasing the vibe RCA cable on its own,

See links:

Vibe Slick 8 AWG wiring kit from Halfords containing the 5 metre RCA:

http://www.halfords.ie/sat-nav-audio/car-audio/stereo-fitting-accessories/vibe-slick-8-gauge-amplifier-wiring-kit

eBay listing Vibe 5 metre RCA cable on its own:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Flat-stereo-RCA-5m-5-meter-RCA-Cable-/260826314098?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item3cba75b572

And here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Audio-FLATSTEREO-High-Definition-RCA-5-Metr-Car-Amplifier-Phono-Leads-Cable-/140508494323?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item20b6f579f3

Even here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-5M-2-RCA-FLATSTEREO-Car-Amplifier-Amp-Phono-Lead-/270701560663?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f07120357

Its exactly the same cable :rolleyes: five times the price if purchased outside of the kit

IMG_20141007_185406_zpsvozrnzqe.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over ten squideroos yesterday :)

Bought an £80 Karcher K2 power sprayer thing (my mind has gone), some hose, some connectors, bill was over £100, got the whole lot for about £90...

Can't believe how amazing this card is, 15% is a fair amount to knock off tbh, not complaining...although as usual I tend to get the math graduates working at my local!

Well done management for this brilliant card :)

• Like 3

So far I have saved approx £8.00

I saved about £2 on a bottle Auto Glym window cleaner a month or so ago & today I saved £6 on a set of locking wheel nuts for my fiesta.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

i heard that someone got 100% discount LOL i think they thought it was one of those paid top up cards?

• Like 4

i heard that someone got 100% discount LOL i think they thought it was one of those paid top up cards?

:lol: i hope they made the most of it by saying "ow hold on there's a few things i completely forgot to get, hold the till"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

saved £4.20 on some stuff last weekend. Guy did not know how to calculate, so got my phone out and worked it out for him.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Logged on to Halfords today

Reserved online and drove up this afternoon and collected the items at the Checkout :)

Picked up the AutoLeads Acoustic Carpet and a can of EvoStik High contact adhesive for use in the 10" sub install guide found here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63695-guide-fitting-custom-amp-sub-enclosure-mk2-mk25-focus-2005-2011/

IMG_20141231_172608_zpsgq9ida7_edit_1420

I also had this previously purchased item to be part exchanged as i didn't need it in the end:

IMG_20141229_162431_zpsl3khry6_edit_1419

I had purchased them along with the pack of yellow crimp ring terminals which i used on the DVR system installation.

Guide can be found here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/

IMG_20141229_162443_zpsofdqad6_edit_1419

as i was unsure exactly which size i required at the time i became; quite confused with the array of stock Halfords had to offer in this particular category ;)

Now here's the fun part :)

When purchasing them i received 15% Discount,

When returning them i received 15% more than i initially had paid.

Then i received 15% Discount on today's purchases :lol:

Got 30% Discount on the can of EvoStik yo!!

Saved 6.60 on today's purchases :)

...I keep forgetting the details of my purchases, however I desperately needed some screen wash the other day and nipped into Halfords and bought their bog standard blue stuff... I believe it's circa £3.50 (might be closer to 3 or closer to 4)... Anyway... Somehow I got an 88p discount on it.. As I said I've not checked the details of the receipt but considering you'd need a 20% discount on £4.40 to get 88p, I can only conclude the poor baffled lad on the till made a slight error...

As we keep saying "if only it'd been a big purchase!"

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

• Like 1

...I keep forgetting the details of my purchases, however I desperately needed some screen wash the other day and nipped into halfords and bought their bog standard blue stuff... I believe it's circa £3.50 (might be closer to 3 or closer to 4)... Anyway... Somehow I got an 88p discount on it.. As I said I've not checked the details of the receipt but considering you'd need a 20% discount on £4.40 to get 88p, I can only conclude the poor baffled lad on the till made a slight error...

As we keep saying "if only it'd been a big purchase!"

We could be like Mike Brewer trading up,

Travel around Halfords stores purchasing an item with 15% Discount then part exchanging it without receipt in the next Halfords store this way you get back 15% more than you ever paid :)

Continuing on until we end up with a free Kutcher Power Washer :lol:

• Like 2

We could be like Mike Brewer trading up,

Travel around Halfords stores purchasing an item with 15% Discount then part exchanging it without receipt in the next Halfords store this way you get back 15% more than you ever paid :)

Continuing on until we end up with a free Kutcher Power Washer :lol:

That sounds like a hell of a plan... Not to mention the fact it's a 15% discount at worst!!! So chances are that washer will come quicker than planned!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club