Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Howard1471

A Little Black Box Under The Back Seats

7 posts in this topic

Just been having a look around my car. I tipped up the back seats and had a look under the carpets hidden there beneath. Lo-and-behold there's a small black box of electronics under the offside rear seat, with a number of cables to and fro under there as well.

What have I found and what does it do ?

It's a 1.6 TDCi Ford Focus Zetec 57plate 5 Door and it needs a wash. Think I'll do it now :)

Fuel sender?

I'd say most likely as that is where the tank is positioned.

Just been having a look around my car. I tipped up the back seats and had a look under the carpets hidden there beneath. Lo-and-behold there's a small black box of electronics under the offside rear seat, with a number of cables to and fro under there as well.

What have I found and what does it do ?

sounds like fuel pump or eloys fluid wiring,

Have you got a picture?

If its like mine its to do with the Eloys fluid control - mine got disconnected when I had the dpf removed and it has come up here a couple of times when talking about that subject. You really had to go digging to find it there under the carpet - were you looking for loose change left by the previous owner?

Lenny and .Martin like this