Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Mp215 Or Revo Map

neil1jnr

Hi Guys,

I have a fiesta ST3 and 2 weeks ago got the Mountune MP215 kit fitted. I think it is brilliant and transforms the car albeit expensive for what it is (over £700 with fitting).

I have noticed that Revo are claiming roughly 220bhp and 240ft lbs (map only no cold air feed), where as I have heard the Mountune gives just under 210bhp and under 230ft lbs (the MP215 part being PS rather than BHP). Giving I know have a cold air feed and different filter the Revo map my produce slightly better results than claimed?

I emailed my local tuner, Wallace Performance, who carry out Revo maps and asked about whether or not it is worth my car having the Revo map even though I have already got the Mountune map.

Surprisingly I was told because I have the Mountune MP215 kit they can offer the Revo map with a 35% discount!

"A STG 1 Revo is normally £399 plus vat, so £478.80 minus the 35% offer = £311.22. Bargain!" They said.

So, has anybody on here got dyno print outs with MP215 and the Revo for comparison or give their experiences with either? I had a Revo map on my last car and was pleased with the results.

(I know the Revo map will invalidate the warrenty and that is not an issue for me)

Cheers

Neil

Just wondered why invalidating the manufacturers warranty on an almost new car is 'not an issue' for you?

The warranty may never be needed but it can potentially save you a lot of money depending on what the future brings, and if I were 3rd party mapping I would 100% not want to invalidate it! :)

For those reasons I would either go with the mountune if I really felt the need to add 10% power/torque hike to one of these for £700 (which I personally wouldn't but that's another story) or leave as standard.

Just wondered why invalidating the manufacturers warranty on an almost new car is 'not an issue' for you?

The warranty may never be needed but it can potentially save you a lot of money depending on what the future brings, and if I were 3rd party mapping I would 100% not want to invalidate it! :)

For those reasons I would either go with the mountune if I really felt the need to add 10% power/torque hike to one of these for £700 (which I personally wouldn't but that's another story) or leave as standard.

Thanks for the input. I already have the Mountune MP215 map, just wondering if Revo would be better still?

My question was rather if anyone has had a Revo map on their ST and has a dyno readout, likewise with Mountune.

In regard to the warrenty, I don't want to turn this into an argument or discussion regarding the warrenty, just basically about the different maps.

Cheers

Ive seen dyno's of mp215's with 217 bhp , it seems to range quite a lot, as you say aswell ive seen mp215's with 210 and below bhp . You have to factor in the accuracy of the dyno , the temperature etc. Between the revo and mountune map I doubt there is that much difference to be fair. Also there seems to be a lot of owners going for Finsport rather than Revo on the mk7 st.

10bhp you're probably not going to notice really. For 10bhp, keep the warranty and save the money towards a stage 2 kit or something.

• Like 1

10bhp you're probably not going to notice really. For 10bhp, keep the warranty and save the money towards a stage 2 kit or something.

Got to agree with Dave there. I could see why you would want to do it for bigger gains but 10bhp/10 Ib ft doesn't seem good value for £311. By the time your warranty runs out there will more likely be something better on offer too if you still have the car? I also don't think those sort of power gains will be massively noticeable. Certainly not like going from standard to mapped again.

I'd save that money and bulk it up to a grand or so and get the pumaspeed 240 pack, it'll have maps to suit included. Or put the money into a downpipe and exhaust and get more power etc and a possible future mod in.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'll take your advice and give the Revo map a miss. To be honest the MP215 is really good, straight line speed is on par with my mates standard S3 (265bhp).

I wanted to maximise the performance without changing any parts (excluding cold air feed with Mountune kit). Because I took the car over 2 years PCP I don't want to spend too much modifying, and I'll never have the car when the warrenty expires.

Hoping in 2016 they will bring out the Focus RS, I should have £3-4K positive equity from this pcp deal towards one :)

I could be wrong here, but you don't ever own the car on finance. Meaning if they find out it's modified, they can legally demand the full cost of the car from you. Obviously maps are hard to identify, but you'll need to get it returned to standard before giving it back...

I could be wrong here, but you don't ever own the car on finance. Meaning if they find out it's modified, they can legally demand the full cost of the car from you. Obviously maps are hard to identify, but you'll need to get it returned to standard before giving it back...

You are wrong.

I can't really make any sense of of what you said:

"they can legally demand the full cost of the car from you."

or

"but you'll need to get it returned to standard before giving it back..."

Could you please expand?

Modifying a car on finance is like decorating the interior of a mortaged or rented house. The difference being that the car is a depreciating asset.

Cheers

My car is on finance. If I weren't allowed to modify it I'd have been royally screwed by now especially considering my OH works at the dealership I bought it from and regularly takes it in lmao. As for the remaps I'd leave it as it is for now tbh, maybe in future but yeah 10hp isn't worth it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

I was offered finance when I bought mine (through Blackhorse) and when speaking to them I asked about modifying as I had plans to do so. I was told the T&Cs stated absolutely no modifications to the car whatsoever.

"they can legally demand the full cost of the car from you." - means you will have to buy the car from them if you're in breach of the T&Cs as your contract is no longer valid.

"but you'll need to get it returned to standard before giving it back..." - if you are in breach and they haven't found out about it then this is to make sure they never do. Because again, you're in breach of your contract and they can refuse to take the car back and you're left to pay the balance.

I agree that it's like decorating a rented property, for which I've always been told no.

It's different to mortgaging. I'd say mortgaging is more like buying your car with a personal loan. The car is yours, it does not belong to the bank (except a personal loan is unsecured).

Modifications lower the value of your car, so if you've modded it and can't keep up repayments, the company then loses money when reposesing your car.

I may have jumped the gun and said it's never allowed, but you'll need to read your T&Cs to find out.

I was offered finance when I bought mine (through Blackhorse) and when speaking to them I asked about modifying as I had plans to do so. I was told the T&Cs stated absolutely no modifications to the car whatsoever.

"they can legally demand the full cost of the car from you." - means you will have to buy the car from them if you're in breach of the T&Cs as your contract is no longer valid.

"but you'll need to get it returned to standard before giving it back..." - if you are in breach and they haven't found out about it then this is to make sure they never do. Because again, you're in breach of your contract and they can refuse to take the car back and you're left to pay the balance.

I agree that it's like decorating a rented property, for which I've always been told no.

It's different to mortgaging. I'd say mortgaging is more like buying your car with a personal loan. The car is yours, it does not belong to the bank (except a personal loan is unsecured).

Modifications lower the value of your car, so if you've modded it and can't keep up repayments, the company then loses money when reposesing your car.

I may have jumped the gun and said it's never allowed, but you'll need to read your T&Cs to find out.

I totally agree with your end statement about modifications that may lower the market value of the car. I had thought that sort of terms and conditions only apply to lease deals?

I am pretty certain that my PCP finance or previous HP finance delas that I have had did not have these Ts & Cs. I have never handed a car back, always traded it in.

At the point of trade in the settlement fee on the car finance is always a good bit less than what the total is left to pay via monthly payments, whereas you get charged for repaying a personal loan in advance. So the trade in value covers the remaining balance and the remainder of the positive equity goes down as a deposit on a new car. To me I see it as my own car, not a rented car, as it is monthly repayments and NOT monthly rentals.

I think only in a lease deal where the only option is to hand the car back is where those terms and conditions regarding modifications apply.

However it is a good point you brought up though, but my previous cars that I traded in that were on a finance deal were mapped and nothing was said. I even explained to the Ford dealer my Leon was mapped when I traded it in, the dyno print out was included in all the paperwork that went along with the Leon.

Cheers

I totally agree with your end statement about modifications that may lower the market value of the car. I had thought that sort of terms and conditions only apply to lease deals?

I am pretty certain that my PCP finance or previous HP finance delas that I have had did not have these Ts & Cs. I have never handed a car back, always traded it in.

At the point of trade in the settlement fee on the car finance is always a good bit less than what the total is left to pay via monthly payments, whereas you get charged for repaying a personal loan in advance. So the trade in value covers the remaining balance and the remainder of the positive equity goes down as a deposit on a new car. To me I see it as my own car, not a rented car, as it is monthly repayments and NOT monthly rentals.

I think only in a lease deal where the only option is to hand the car back is where those terms and conditions regarding modifications apply.

However it is a good point you brought up though, but my previous cars that I traded in that were on a finance deal were mapped and nothing was said. I even explained to the Ford dealer my Leon was mapped when I traded it in, the dyno print out was included in all the paperwork that went along with the Leon.

Cheers

Wasn't meaning to rock the boat with my original comment. Just trying to warn anyone that'll listen!

The finance I enquired about was to own the car after. They still said no :( which is why I went personal loan. It's always a good idea to check T&Cs for this kind of thing. Always remember the contract is with the finance company, not the dealership. :)

I doubt the consequences of me being right are what anyone wants to face!

My car is on finance. If I weren't allowed to modify it I'd have been royally screwed by now especially considering my OH works at the dealership I bought it from and regularly takes it in lmao. As for the remaps I'd leave it as it is for now tbh, maybe in future but yeah 10hp isn't worth it!

You are right, the gains arn't worth it.

Putting my money elsewhere. Light tinted headlights, gloss black lower bumper and 4300K HID's.

Pics to follow in a week or two.

Cheers

Different is though the finance company won't employ anyone competent (legally classed as competent ) to check the car and verify it's modified anyway, As for most who use Barclays finance, they aren't employing a master tech at every manufacturer to check this out. When the car gets seized it goes to the financial company to auction off, not back on the dealers forecourt, so in short, dw do what ever you want to it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

If you're on a HP it might breach the T&Cs and that's a hire purchase. On a PCP it shouldn't as that's a loan against you, not your car (make sense?) which is why it's called a Personal Contract Purchase.

Either way, they can buy the car back off you then deduct whatever you owe them and whatever it will cost to take it back to standard. They can't just take the car off you if you're making payments surely as you're name is on the logbook? :S

If you're on a HP it might breach the T&Cs and that's a hire purchase. On a PCP it shouldn't as that's a loan against you, not your car (make sense?) which is why it's called a Personal Contract Purchase.

Not quite right about PCP there. See http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_contract_purchase

"A personal contract purchase deal (PCP) requires the customer to pay a certain amount for a set contract period of somewhere between 24 to 48 months with the right to drive the vehicle while ownership is retained by the funding company."

However, I feel I've brought up a subject that has drawn us away from the topic.

I agree that you won't notice 10bhp. You thought about wind deflectors or DMB badges?

Hi Guys,

I have a fiesta ST3 and 2 weeks ago got the Mountune MP215 kit fitted. I think it is brilliant and transforms the car albeit expensive for what it is (over £700 with fitting).

I have noticed that Revo are claiming roughly 220bhp and 240ft lbs (map only no cold air feed), where as I have heard the Mountune gives just under 210bhp and under 230ft lbs (the MP215 part being PS rather than BHP). Giving I know have a cold air feed and different filter the Revo map my produce slightly better results than claimed?

I emailed my local tuner, Wallace Performance, who carry out Revo maps and asked about whether or not it is worth my car having the Revo map even though I have already got the Mountune map.

Surprisingly I was told because I have the Mountune MP215 kit they can offer the Revo map with a 35% discount!

"A STG 1 Revo is normally £399 plus vat, so £478.80 minus the 35% offer = £311.22. Bargain!" They said.

So, has anybody on here got dyno print outs with MP215 and the Revo for comparison or give their experiences with either? I had a Revo map on my last car and was pleased with the results.

(I know the Revo map will invalidate the warrenty and that is not an issue for me)

Cheers

Neil

I agree with everyone who said you won't notice +10Hp

+10hp is 5% on a 200hp car - you need a minimum of +10% to even notice a difference

+ Mountune are conservative on their claims, and are set up for "real life" performance rather than "on paper" power - and often cars fitted with mountune kits outperform cars with remaps from other manufacturers that claim to have more power -

Some remaps claim more than others due to exaggeration or "highly tuned" dynos, + they know some punters will choose one remap over another due to a couple more claimed HP ("claimed" means exactly that)

Other complicated factors come into it like the shape and width of the power curve, and the torque, there is a lot more to it than one peak power figure

My best advice - Stick with the Monutune kit, keep your warrantee and dont waste your time with other (re) maps, if you had not already fitted the Mountune kit the Revo may have been an option, but now.... forget it, another option would have been Superchips Bluefin