Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Light Not Working / Fog Light Sometimes

54TDCi

Hi lads !

I noticed recently that my reverse light was not working. Then discovered my fog light works sometimes at the rear depending on where you hit the bumper.

I replaced the reverse light switch to no joy. bulbs and holders are fine !

I was hit from behind recently (same time these stopped working right) so I think most likely from the accident but the garage that did the repairs say the wiring etc is fine and the reverse light switch needed to be replaced and the fog was just a bulb.... both not the case.

Anyone know what the problem might be ? I didnt change the switch myself thanks to a very helpful guide on here but I dont know whats wrong now.

Cheers all !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Really the garage having done the repair work should sort it out as it's part of the damage from your accident. But sounds like they're fobbing you off with saying it just happened that the reverse switch and a bulb failed at the same time.

Rear fog lamp and reverse lamp wiring is on separate circuits and fuses, plus obviously on different sides of the car with the wiring then running up into the headlining before meeting up somewhere in the wiring looms.

However, looking at the wiring diagram it seems both circuits share the same earthing point, labelled as G70A Right Wheelarch Ground - this may be behind the boot side trim carpet and being at the rear of the car could well be a good place to investigate further?

It see as a bit too much of a coincidence alright. I wouldnt know how to get to that earthing point tbh.

The accident itself wasnt the worst..... car came out with some scratches on the bumper only but the repair guys took it off to respray and put on new plastic mouldings. So all the rear bumper etc was off.

if I am to check that myself how would I do it ?

Or should I call the insurance company tomorrow and get them to book it in with ford since the repair guys havent got a clue ?

thanks for the reply !

get onto your insurer and advise them of this, the fact is they should instruct the garage to review further. I would be checking the earth wire isnt damaged, corroded, loose or just outright not connected properly. do both the reverse and rear fog go off at the same time?

The reverse light will not work at all. The fog will work depending on what way you hit the bumper.

Im back onto the ins company but not happy to use their same repairer again as they are wrong on what they say is wrong. Gonna push them to bring it to a ford main dealer. I dont really care if the body repairer gets paid or not for the work.

agree entirely if they havent done the job properly you have the right to choose a repairer of your choice, the only issue is that it can delay the repairs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club