Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Guessing This Is My Average Speed?

konyo4

I've brought my 2011 Fiesta Zetec S about 4 weeks ago and noticed this while running through the trip button..

C67488B7-C24F-48F3-87CB-DDA0800CF647_zps

It's been on 23mph since I've brought it and it hasn't changed since I've owned it? I'm guessing it's an average speed? I don't know what else it could be?

Thanks,

konyo

If you press the little black button on the dials whilst this is displayed you should see it return to zero. Then you can see what you are actually averaging yourself.

Just to clarify the above, you need to hold the black button (or the button on the end of the indicator stalk) for a few seconds to reset it to 0 :). As with all averages if they've been running for long enough you need a big change over a long time to alter them!

The one that's on the dials themselves, think its on the rev counter side. Just push it in and you will see little lines like this ---- appear and delete the speed, same applies to average MPG and average speed.

I am not sure the average speed is that reliable?

I have reset the average speed a number of times and it never moves from around 39mph... this would be fine if I was always in the town, but I travel around 60 miles every day on a motor way and would expect to see an average above 39! I am not slow a driver, honest!

My average is 23 and trust me I never drive that slow. But all the time spent in queues going to and from work kill mine. Reset it before a motorway journey and check it when you get off that should show a higher average

Hi Phlif1

Yep done that a few times, I switch between the other various information figures and have reset them all at some point, helps pass the journey :)

I would say my average should be at least the mid/upper 40s, and that's keeping it low. By the way I am getting around 48mpg, so quite pleased with that figure. Only had the car about a month and have travelled nearly 2000 miles already - enjoying the car.

Ok thanks :) will reset it tomorrow.

The average speed is as it says "Average".

Any time your engine is running, this is being calculated into your average speed.

So any time it is idling on the drive, sat at traffic lights or in a car park, or just trundling along at 10 or 20 in a built up area, this is all taken into account.

• Like 1

The average speed is as it says "Average".

Any time your engine is running, this is being calculated into your average speed.

So any time it is idling on the drive, sat at traffic lights or in a car park, or just trundling along at 10 or 20 in a built up area, this is all taken into account.

Agreed - including crawling through town at 2 or 3mph, stopped at traffic lights, junctions, etc etc

If it says 23mph it really means that is your actual avarage speed - have you ever noticed pedestrians walking at 4mph are quicker across town than cars? or cyclists that only really get up to 20mph can be quicker A to B in some circumstances

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club