Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

aliuk

Ford Cmax 1.8 Tdci Titanium Not Starting

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this.

This morning I go to start the car and the engine will not turn over. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. I live on Canvey Island and we had a large flood on Sunday which I had to try get the car through the flood water to get home. Its making a beeping noise when I try turn the key to start the car and the Engine and oil light are on.

I've tried starting the car with the spare key which had the same result. I've recorded some footage of the problem which I've posted to youtube: Ford CMax 57reg starting problems - YouTube

Anything else I should do /check before I get the AA out?

Thanks for the support

Alistair

The AA have been out and it seems to have been the starter motor. The AA man just tap the starter motor and it started. So its now off to the garage to get a new starter motor.

to be honest, if you drove through a flood and suffered only a soggy starter, you are extremely lucky. How you didnt flood your engine is beyond me if nothing else how you didnt drown and short your electrics as well!