Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

iamRayRay

Newbie Saying Hi!

6 posts in this topic

Hi Ford Owners Club!

Just about to get my first Ford Fiesta, excited about it.

It will either be a:

Fiesta Zetec TDCi 1.6 Diesel - 2009/2010

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407105719554/usedcars?logcode=visc

or

Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Petrol - 2009/2010

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407165861335/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/5500/radius/5/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/seller-type/trade_adverts/postcode/al72hf/model/fiesta/page/2/make/ford?logcode=p

Any particular things I should be looking out for proper to buying upon inspection?

Welcome :)

From those two I'd go for the diesel, the 1.25 is known for being really slow. I wouldn't worry too much if the dealer offers a warranty, just cosmetic things to look for. Rust shouldn't be an issue as far as I know.

The 1.6 TDCI is known for turbo issues - basically the oil cannot be drained completely from the engine, and thus it slowly builds up a nice little clog in the engine. Eventually the turbo won't get any oil because it's completely clogged up, and it'll break. (Requiring a new turbo usually)

I believe you can get a third party part to fix it (different oil sump or whatnot, which CAN be drained completely), so maybe ask about that.

It's had a lot of media coverage recently in Denmark (where I'm from)

As Phil 87 says the 1.25 will be very slow though - maybe look at the 1.4 petrol instead?

Yes I was going to suggest the 1.4, or better yet the 1.6 if you want to go up to a Zetec S or Titanium. The 1.6 is much faster and has about the same economy figures as the 1.4, I don't know if that's the case for real MPG though.

Thanks guys, I picked "Aoife" up on the weekend!

Waved goodbye to my fun car of Fiat Grande Punto 1.9 Turbo Diesel Sporting and said hi to...

***drumroll***

1.4 Petrol, Fiesta Zetec Late 2008

2 Previous Owners

38k on the clock

with...

1 years warrenty from AA

1 years MOT

1 years TAX

Bargain!

Please if you see a Grande Punto with White alloys and white stripes down the side - DO NOT BUY IT, my car was on the brink of death electronically and mechanically!!!!

Sounds good, that's quite low mileage for the age. Enjoy :)