Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec Mk6.5

Norris_Cole92

Hi guys

Just bought myself a 2008 Fiesta for driving to work/running about.

I'm not planning on making any major modifications to it, just replaced a few bulbs, tinted the windows and stuck some wind deflectors on.

So far it's got Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited headlights, Osram Cool Blue Intense sidelights (not as white as I'd hoped, dunno whether to stick some LED's in there instead to replace them), Team Heko Wind Deflectors, tinted rear windows, replaced interior light/boot light and number plate lights with white LED's. Also replaced the horrendous rubber gear gaitor with a leather one!

Got some fog lights on the way too should be here soon.

Here are some pics quite poor quality will get some better ones and some night time ones when possible!

post-55453-0-99568000-1406038044_thumb.j

post-55453-0-13602100-1406038066_thumb.j

post-55453-0-14211800-1406038070_thumb.j

post-55453-0-76566500-1406038092_thumb.j

post-55453-0-27845200-1406038099_thumb.j

post-55453-0-23768600-1406038106_thumb.j

Thanks mate, only issue I've got is keeping the !Removed! thing clean!

Give it a good soapy wash then rinse and polish and its filthy within a couple of days.

Got the fog light bulbs in yesterday, lighting up the road quite nicely! Can't upload pic from my phone but will do tomorrow

Here's the pics of it with the new bulbs all replaced

post-55453-0-26344600-1406279094_thumb.j

post-55453-0-71615700-1406279242_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

nice - I'm looking to change the bulbs in mine - I want them as white as I can get and then Im going to fit some fog lights into my car as they aren't fitted on my spec.

Got headlights and sidelights off amazon here and fog lights from power bulbs here. One thing to remember when changing headlight bulbs is they will probably need to be aimed using the alignment screws when you put the new bulbs in. I didn't do this and was constantly getting flashed by oncoming traffic as the drivers side headlight was aiming too high!

Fab thank you il have a look in a wee while ! X

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Got a couple of new cleaning products yesterday from CYC and since the weather was decent tried them out today, here are the results

First detailing attempt

First detailing attempt

First detailing attempt

First detailing attempt

Edit: double posted, not sure how to delete!

liking the look of the new bulbs and looks like it cleans up well.

as for keeping it clean that's the joys of a black car lol wait until the winter weather sets in that it will be a right pain in the bum to keep clean lol

liking the look of the new bulbs and looks like it cleans up well.

as for keeping it clean that's the joys of a black car lol wait until the winter weather sets in that it will be a right pain in the bum to keep clean lol

Cheers mate!

Aye so I've found, they're a nightmare to keep clean for more than a couple of days but look nice when they've just been cleaned up haha

• 3 months later...

Got a few more things lined up for this, one I'm not so sure about as I was very intoxicated when purchased, regretted spending the money when I woke up the next day but hey ho it's done now and hopefully will look sweet.

My mate has given me an amp and sub from his Polo which I hope to get installed in the next few weeks, probably along with some upgraded Speakers as one of them has blown and making an awful rattling noise.

Also bought a pair of angel eye projector headlights, not sure whether it's possible to fit a HID conversion kit into these but would like to if possible, won't be going for the daft bright blue 8000k and getting pulled by the polzei on the way to work every morning. Also I've heard they can possibly melt the lens as the longer bulbs get too hot, so might scrap this idea unless anyone can shed some light on the matter so to speak!

Will post pics when the work has been done.

I did a full HID conversion on my fiesta mk6 facelift headlights, fitted projectors etc. The heat the bulbs give off barely reaches the lens & certainly isn't concentrated enough to damage it!

(I've made a thread on this, I can link you if you'd like).

As for the sub & Speakers I have a custom built sub enclosure & 10" JL audio subwoofer. I have upgraded the Speakers to Focal PS165Fs and the headunit to a Pioneer AVH-2600BT

(I've also got a thread on this).

The difference in quality is amazing! Well worth the money and you won't regret it if you upgrade! :)

Well that's good news, the headlights I've just bought have two H1 bulbs so would only be able to use HIDs for the dipped beam I think. If you can send the link mate that would be great cheers.

Apparently this amp my mate gave me can be wired to the standard head unit which is what I was hoping for as it's a decent one, sony 2nd generation or something like that (have to check the handbook) Ill check out those Speakers you recommended matey thanks for the advice!

If it has bixenon projectors then you can use a h1 bulb for high & LO beam! If not then it's one or the other :)

Here's the link to my thread about the headlights http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63136-Fiesta-Mk6-Headlight-Hid-Retrofit

If you go for the Focal's (they're £198 for a pair) then best bet is to amp them with an aftermarket amplifier as the headunit won't be able to provide enough power (RMS 70 watts, peak 140watts a side!)

• 1 month later...

Done a few more mods recently, got my sub and amp installed by Autosounds in Newcastle who done a sterling job. Would highly recommend them for any ICE work in the area. I'll get some photos up in the near future, might stick a blue LED in the boot light if it's bright enough to light the whole area as the white one that's in at the minute is very bright.

Also got some 18 SMD number plate units in which replace the actual unit rather than just changing the bulb, extremely bright indeed!

post-55453-142168963821_thumb.jpg
Also going to get some 6000k HID's fitted into my dipped beam on the angel eye projector headlights, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Here's the pic of sub and amp. Subwoofer is a JBL 12" 1000W and amp is a Hertz HE2 400W. All wired up to the standard head unit as it's pretty good and don't really feel the need for a new one.

Absolutely loving it, many thanks to the guys at Autosounds in Newcastle for sorting this out for me. Shall be back in the near future.

IMG 1226

I'm in two minds whether to get tail lights and side repeaters tinted, anyone think this would look decent or rubbish?

Love what you've done, great looking little fiesta. i think with the tail lights they would look good if you were to tint the red sections and leave the chrome showing. as you've got a black car it would break it up a bit :)

Edit: Like this

SDC10506.jpg

Cheers mate :) yeah that looks canny good like with the chrome exposed, might pop down to local tinting place and see what they can do, gonna get side repeaters smoked as well. HIDs are going in tomorrow!

• Like 1

Liking the car so far! Not sure about the sub just on the boot floor but that's just me being a fussy tw4t ;) haha

As for the HIDs, you're not fitting them in the reflector lights are you? As that'll probably end badly. Not only does it annoy other road users (learnt from experience before I fitted projectors)

I know I've already mentioned this but I wasn't sure if you had seen it

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63136-Fiesta-Mk6-Headlight-Hid-Retrofit

So far there are only two car's on here with this mod (one isn't quite finished as you'll see) so it'll be a pretty unique look! And it'll make the HIDs more efficient as in reflectors they'll just spread light eeeevvverywhere! :)