Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Argh! My St Leaking Oil :(

nath.mk7.st

Just noticed on drive that she leaking oil. After looking underneath and putting hand on bottom of engine there new oil all over it.

I have no knowledge of mechanics of cars, or ever owned a brand new car.

Could they have over filled it?

Or could there be a massive problem ?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I have no mechanical skills but you need to phone the dealer a.s.a.p. With it leaking oil, Ford breakdown may fetch it as it's probably not the best idea to drive a car leaking oil (depending on how rapid it's leaking)

**Edit: Warranty will cover it no problem**

Has it recently been serviced or anything ?

If you can see, have a look if it's coming from the sump or dripping down from higher ?

But I'd take it in and let them clean/sort it if it's a new car.

No not been for any service only had 4weeks and I'm first owner. Going to give them a ring in the morning see what they say. But it's not rapid only notices cause of a small spot on drive. But I'll take a picture of where it is while it's still daylight and investigate further while now I'm home.

Also I did notice spill on the engine cover week or two ago but though must of been spilt when was filled up

post-55675-140605088931_thumb.jpg

post-55675-140605154685_thumb.jpgpost-55675-140605156154_thumb.jpg

It's coming from the back of this I think. But my oil level is at full mark.

Hard to tell from the photo, but I'd definitely just pop it in to be checked and cleaned, incase it's leaking.

Let us know the outcome :)

Yer I will do just have the problem with getting it in my garage is 20miles away and can only get there Saturdays :( witch there always fully booked for weeks lol I'll ring tomorrow n update :)

• Like 1

Nath give them a call in the morning and they should be able to fit you in pretty much straight away with it being a brand new car. Any problem speak with your salesman and get him to kick off with service department for you.

Yer going to give ford a call. Can't really ring the salesman just yet I didn't buy direct from a ford dealer :) I had to buy from a Suzuki garage cause the local ford for stoneacre was miles away :( and stoneacre we're doing me a better deal :)

They are still one dealership though so should still see you right. Let us know how you get on.

I'm not sure, but the black bolt looks like a drain screw - if it is, could it be it's just not tightened ?

Will do thanks I've wiped down the affected area

(this was hard trying to get under without jacking)

And I've put some clean cardboard under to see what's what in the morning :)

I'm not sure, but the black bolt looks like a drain screw - if it is, could it be it's just not tightened ?

I'll check stand by ;)

I'll check stand by ;)

No she tight wouldn't budge :)

No she tight wouldn't budge :)

Ok, worth a shot at least :)

Have you noticed oil anywhere else higher on the engine ? (Besides on the engine cover)

It'll eventually run down to the bottom of the engine regardless of how high up the leak is, so it doesn't have to be an issue at the bottom.

If the garage overfilled it, it will normally be burned off - they'd have to overfill it a lot before I'd expect it to come out like in your pictures. (And if the oil measurement is spot on MAX, it's not overfilled)

I can feel a little just higher than the sump drain. On one of them small bolts. but haven't got my socket set on me to check that one.

Only reason I say about over fill is I once took my golf in to Vw and when drove home stunk. so took to the local garage and they said it's been over filled by 3times what it should be and had to drain it off.

Holy crap, overfilled 3 times sounds insane. But yes if they're that overfilled it'll come out (I'm surprised they can even put that much into the engine)

Again, if your measurement stick indicates MAX, it's not overfilled, so I'd probably rule that option out.

If you have an idea where it's coming from (bolts for instance) you could try wrapping the bolt in a piece of toilet paper (or similar) to see if it is indeed there. If it's not running down from somewhere above, the paper should only have oil in the middle.

Obviously you'll need to wipe the bolt off nicely before doing this, and if the bolts are upside down it'll be tricky.

Yer well I said to them how's it possible to fill that much in to it but they insisted that was the problem and wasn't a problem after they drained it off :)

I'm just going to give ford a ring 1st thing. That's the reason I bought a new one was so I don't have to worry:) (too much of laying under my old Audi TT has caused this lol)

I know what you mean, I also buy new cars now - too many hours and money spent on fixing old crap will do this to you :D

• Like 1

Update: booked in for Monday morning for health check and the things I've told them about oil leak etc. So I'll update when it's been in.

On another note I checked the cardboard this morning and nothing there since cleaned down will check again tonight

Sure it wasn't filled up and overfilled / spilled? Takes a long time to run down the engine and get it all off, but of course a free check won't hurt or cost you anything, better safe than sorry, just wouldn't worry so much personally, lol though at making you wait for the most critical thing an engine needs though. Fraud UK strike again.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Drive shaft oil seal me thinks.

small job.

Hi Had the above on my car and a bit of oil from gearbox looks very bad.

Yer agreed was worrying but let's Face it it's 5week old so ford can sort it out lol. I actually do think it's just the small nut above the drain. But I'll let them worries about it haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club