Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Radio Locked After Resetting The Battery?

Tpick

Hope someone can get me out the dog house here!

My girlfriends 2009 Zetec's bluetooth and USB froze up and stopped connecting within two weeks of her buying it. Today I finally got round to doing a bit of searching online and found that most people suggested resetting the module by simply disconnecting battery.

I did this by removing the negative terminal, turning the ignition on and off and then reconnecting the terminal.

When I turned the ignition back on I've found that none of the buttons work (Radio, Phone, aux etc) nothing except for the 'Menu' button, which lets me go in and change the clock as you'd expect. The voice control button also doesn't do anything.

My first thought was it was something simlar to the older fiestas where you had to enter a code after a battery reset but doing a search I haven't been able to find anyone having the same issue.

Any help/things to try would be great and much appreciated - she's not best pleased she has to drive to work tomorrow with no music!

On the mk7 they got rid of the access code so its not that, can i ask why you turned the ignition on and off when you disconnected the battery?? Im not sure why it has done that but if you have had it for two weeks take it back to the dealership of you got it from one if it was a private buy it take it to ford to see what they say but its very uncommon for the radio units to lock up in the new models

Also how long did you leave the terminal off for? And you should leave them around 20mins to let everything fully discharge and reset

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I guess that's where I went wrong! I turned the ignition on to drain it quickly and am now starting to think I've blown a fuse :iim:

I would say you havnt blown a fuse but you could check them all to see if any have blown, fuse box in the engine bay and behind the glove box, but as the radio turns on i would say they would be all fine, but yes i wouldnt have turned it on id have just let it dissipate but tbh doing what you did wouldnt or shouldn't have caused any problem just like trying to start a car with a nearly flat battery it would be the same effect little or no power until its all gone, i would say maybe something hasn't reset correctly or the radio has frozen i would say as its already not working try it again but with it left off for a while and see if that cures it if not id take it to ford or the dealership where you got it and say it randomly stopped working lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I will try resetting the battery again in the morning but being a bit more patient this time.

Found that fuse 22 cigar lighter had blown, tried to replace it with the same 20 amp but that blew also.

It's going back the dealer!

Thanks for your help

Sounds silly but have you turned the stereo on? If you can only get in the menu it usually means it's switched off and you need to push in the volume knob to turn it on.

Sounds silly but have you turned the stereo on? If you can only get in the menu it usually means it's switched off and you need to push in the volume knob to turn it on.

...I made this mistake, However figured it out in about 2 mins. Hopefully this will solve your problems.

Yeah that was the "issue"!! Feeling red faced here but glad to get the answer before she had to drive it again.

And after all that the bluetooth/usb module is still non responsive so it's going back to the dealer anyway

Ford approved dealer not interested, said the warranty doesn't cover software. Only purchased it 27th of last month and I remember the bluetooth playing up when the dealer was trying to demo it.

Surely can't be right? can it?

Not a software problem.

Stamp your feet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

go back and demand it to be look at and fixed if not fret to give it back and want your money back they wont like that haha

bluetooth and USB is not a software problem its a hardware problem, I would demand them to take care of it, especially a new car

just quote sale of goods act,and watch them squirm.