Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St500 Brake Disks

calmcdermott

OK so completely and utterly confused.

The car is due new disks and pads, the rear have been done but the front well, this is where the confusion starts.

Standard fitment for the car is diameter wise 278mm but the ones I have are 333mm (theyre quite corroded so might be more or less).

The suspension is standard, so's the hubs and the pads but yet they dont fit!!!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

Have they been upgraded to a mondeo of big car brakes? As the only upgrade i know of is the 300mm kit but if its 333mm id say something even bigger has been Put in have you had it checked for a garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I have absolutely no idea, the discs were on the car when I got it, I can tell that they're after market though :-/. I haven't had it to a garage as yet.

Have you taken them off and looked for any part numbers or something of the such.? If they've got 'FoMoCo' on them they're Ford, but I assume you already know that :P

You can't tell, the back is completely rusty :-(

OK so completely and utterly confused.

The car is due new disks and pads, the rear have been done but the front well, this is where the confusion starts.

Standard fitment for the car is diameter wise 278mm but the ones I have are 333mm (theyre quite corroded so might be more or less).

The suspension is standard, so's the hubs and the pads but yet they dont fit!!!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

That could be the Mountune 4-pot big brake upgrade retails for £1300 -

http://www.mountunestore.com/Product/Mountune-4pot-Big-Brake-Upgrade

if so, discs and pads will probably not be cheap, and if cost is a priority, you may be better putting it back to stock

• Like 1

The Mondeo mk3s and 4s have 5 - studs as does the mk2 Focus (so the discs don't fit the Fiesta, that has 4 studs)

The mk1 Focus and mk1/2 Mondeo has 4 studs - but the ST200 only has 278mm discs, the Focus ST170 has 300mm front discs, along with the Mondeo mk3 calipers, is a favorite conversion

probably the Mountune big brake upgrade or similar, due to the size.

A picture of your brakes would help

It keeps going round in my mind.. Why would someone want brakes that size on a Fiesta??

• Like 1

I got the 300mm conversion on myn and you notice the diffrence. It annoys alot of people when you outbrake them or only have to tap your brakes around ;) plus they fill the wheel up pretty good on a mk6 zetec s ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

I have absolutely no idea why you would change them to confuse a new owner!!

Anyway here are the pics

post-9992-0-27470800-1406147564_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-28577200-1406147593_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-55888300-1406147647_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-55313800-1406147684_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-10463200-1406147731_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-13730800-1406147806_thumb.jp

post-9992-0-39473100-1406148166_thumb.jp

It keeps going round in my mind.. Why would someone want brakes that size on a Fiesta??

Its not totally out of the question, especially in motorsport, here is an evo8 with AP 8-pot calipers, and 378x40mm discs (from a C4 WRC)

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=305&products_id=4706

Most drivers dont really need them on the road, though IMO

Its not totally out of the question, especially in motorsport, here is an evo8 with AP 8-pot calipers, and 378x40mm discs (from a C4 WRC)

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=305&products_id=4706

Most drivers dont really need them on the road, though IMO

Exactly what I mean. For road use why would you bother spending all that cash, for a track car or something fair enough.

If youve never been into the moddified scene or the street racing scene you will never understand im afraid

Not quite understanding the quote in your post?

God knows what happened there, tried quoting what you said.

So have you figured out what type of brakes they are?

I have got absolutely no idea, tried looking for a make on them but again they're that corroded it's impossible :-/

They look like standard fiesta calipers. You placed a standard size disc onto the old one?

Yep and it's tiny in comparison, when I put the smaller discs on the car and attached the caliper a to the hub, the pads were a few centimetres above the disc lol.

I ha e saw someone use fiat coupe discs on fiestas. But they had a seperate bracket an he had to space them out. Have you got standard pads in the carrier? They could be like focus pads or something? Im not too sure if they are bigger without having them in front of me?

Yep and it's tiny in comparison, when I put the smaller discs on the car and attached the caliper a to the hub, the pads were a few centimetres above the disc lol.

I think you would be wise to put it back to stock - new stock discs/ pads will probably work better anyway than mismatched or knacked discs, however big they are

That's what I'm thinking my only option is but yeah it's standard fiesta pads, this is why I'm really confused

That's what I'm thinking my only option is but yeah it's standard fiesta pads, this is why I'm really confused

Its simple - a previous owner has "bodged" it - just so the discs fill the wheels (cosmetics - not for performance/ braking power)

I'm going to have to go round some local car mid places and see of any of them know what to do. Hope the car passes with these on as they're shot!