Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Tempted To Jack My Car In!!!

jeebowhite

As the title says, I am just so tempted to say stuff it and get my car sent back to the trader and just get shot... the only reason I havent is because I love the car, and dont think I could get another decent mondy for the same money!!!

So, as some of you will be aware I have had a few issues with my car since I bought it. One of which was the Air Conditioning and the other is the airbag light.

The car went to the same "recommended" garage by the trader who sold me the car, and they "fixed" the air con, yet I somehow doubt that. The air con was working great until recently when once again it stopped working! the airbag needs a new loom, again which this "recommended" garage was going to do, but to prevent boring you with the details, there is a Saga ongoing and I wouldnt touch them with a petrol and matches in hand!!!

So, now I have the aircon that was "fixed" and now isnt, and arguing with the trader to get someone else to look at it, and also the airbag needs sorting. He is going to try and sort out another garage to fix the airbag and review the aircon, but I wont hold my breathe that the aircon will be fixed at his expense.

The cheek of it though, was that the trader told me to take my car back to the idiots who stole it, and so far have not completed a job correctly, for them to fix the damned problems that they didnt fix in the first place! I told him in no uncertain terms a few other words along with No, and also emphasised that I wasnt going to take my car in for an air con fix and come out with my brakes slashed, especially as I have police action ongoing at this time.

I seriously wonder sometimes....

I will keep my other thoughts clear on this but for now, I just dont know what to do, I dont have the money to fix these otherwise I would take it to Ford and let them deal with it.

Not a nice place to be in. I dont think I would know what the best thing to do is either.

Well, the trader got back to me, gave me details for a mobile mechanic who is going to have a look at some point soon! hopefully tomorrow with any fortune! so I suppose it would be rude to not allow the guy to have a look and determine what is wrong and what can be done. As much as I dont want to, I suppose if the trader refuses outright to fix the aircon, then I will have to just live with it I guess!

Once you have given the dealer the chance to try and fix it, you are within your rights to get it fixed yourself, then hand them the bill.

Depends how much fighting you are willing to do though as I doubt they will pay up straight away...

well he says he is only willing to pay £35 an hour for labour and no more, as for the air con, well, hes already saying he paid out over £400 to have it resolved already and he cant just keep throwing money at it!

Whilst I see his point, the issue whilst its my problem for being the victim, the resolution of it should not be, nor should the costs! but then again, I dont think I have the right to take the bill from Ford direct to him. I could go through small claims court if it gets too much agro and see what they say, an avenue that I would prefer not to explore but one I will use if necessary!

well he says he is only willing to pay £35 an hour for labour and no more, as for the air con, well, hes already saying he paid out over £400 to have it resolved already and he cant just keep throwing money at it!

Whilst I see his point, the issue whilst its my problem for being the victim, the resolution of it should not be, nor should the costs! but then again, I dont think I have the right to take the bill from Ford direct to him. I could go through small claims court if it gets too much agro and see what they say, an avenue that I would prefer not to explore but one I will use if necessary!

AND my heart really bleeds for him.NOT.

if he is getting his fingers burned then he shouldnt have sold a car with problems FUL STOP.

a few years back i bought a galaxy that after about 2 weeks i found a few problems,after many arguments and them ignoring my offer of help through my knowledge of the car/forums i dug my heels in and threats of me taking them to court finally put a rocket up there jacksies.by my reckoning it cost them around 2k to sort it all out,this included various cars on loan for quite a few weeks.

and this didnt even touch the warrenty that came with the car it was all under the S.O.G's act.

if your happy with a defective car that may well hurt your wallet when the time comes to sell it on then keep it and let him use sticky plaster over the problems,

ME i would be rejecting the car.unless ALL defects are repaired.

Hi Greg,I dont disagree, the thing is I love the car, the economy, the comfort....Having reviewed the issues, the air con if it came to it and he absolutely refused to resolve it, I could live without for a while till I can afford to get it done, the airbag light is the one that mainly bothers me, given that its a key safety feature, the other small niggles such as squeaks and rattles I can live with till I get it tracked and fix it myself!

to be honest, this is the car that will be run into the ground, but I am more peeved about the trader and his insistance to go back to the idiots in the garage! I wouldnt be half as bothered if he applied common sense!

I know that cars fail with age, and given what happened with the CMAX and what was likely on its last legs there, I was expecting big bills anyway so I can understand if they just move to the new car thats not a problem, but for the first few months and whilst I have the protection, I plan on trying to get everything sorted where I can!

I think this is one of those rants that I just start in the heat of the moment lol, but in the grand scheme of things if the aircon doesnt work and will cost me a few hundred later, I could live with that I suppose, save up and pay it off as and when but for now I am going to stick with this new mechanic and see what he says, see if I can get more from the trader, and I will be happy to invest in small claims court to get it all repaired if I have to! at the end of the day, I lose £100 to a court then they either find him in the wrong and its all fixed and I am reimbursed, or I just throw money at it in the hope of fixing it and I lose it anyway!

Will follow through with the mechanic and take it from there! Worst case scenario I am no further forward than now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club