Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Heating/overheating Problems - Bubbling Sound From Engine

Saree

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone may be able to help with my Streetka heating problems. I purchased the car in January 2014 and it was fine. When the weather started getting warmer in May I noticed that the fan was blowing hot air all of the time even when turned down to cold air, then a few days later the engine temperature light came on whilst driving checked the water level and the plastic water tank was empty. I took the car to my local garage, and they said the fan valve was broken ( common fault apparently) and there was a crack in the plastic water tank, so I had both of these replaced for £130. I took the car home left on the drive for 3 days then noticed water leaking onto the drive from under the bonnet, a kind of constant drip, took the car back to the garage, and they said the thermostat housing was cracked and needed to be replaced,( which I was confused by as there wasn't any water leaking before the car went in to replace the tank and fan valve) had this replaced for £150, took the car home left on drive for a fortnight whilst on holiday, today I drive it to town and back and when I put the car back in the drive and turn the engine off I hear a kind of bubbling sound coming from the engine, the only way I can describe it is like a pan of boiling water on a stove, I phoned the garage and they told me to bring it back in tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure they really know what is wrong with the car, the engine is running really hot even after a five minute trip, so does anyone have any idea what could be the problem so I can suggest it to the garage tomorrow?

Thanks in Advance

Sarah

Sounds like you need to take it to a garage who know what to look for. Both the engine thermostat and the valve for the heating/cooling are weak points and prone to failure.

Under the cowl by the wipers is a valve that controls the air vents temperature and that can get stuck on warm air. Ours did it.

Hope you get it all sorted soon but certainly try a different garage as yours sound like they are just trying different stuff and breaking more than they are fixing !.

Thanks for your advice Rick,

I do think its a possibly that the garage cracked the thermostat housing when they fixed the fan valve and water tank, but impossible to prove. However saying that I have been going to this garage for 20 years and have never had a problem with them before. I may have to take the car to Ford and get them to look at it, as I fear before long I am going to blow the head gasket with all this over heating, and I certainly don't want that to happen.

Thanks again

Sarah

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club