Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights Creaking! Mk7 Facelift

Ikoyian

Hey guys,

My mum's 2013 Fiesta Titanium headlights appear to creak when riding over bumps (a common thing around where I live!)

After fiddling with the headlights for a good 30 minutes by pulling them out, putting them back in, making sure the the clip at the bottom of the headlight is correctly seated, the noise still exists!

I've taken them in and out a good 5 times trying to get rid of the irritating noise but to no prevail.

It sounds like the plastic of the unit itself is rubbing against the metal wings.. But there's no easy explanation (in my eyes) of why it's rubbing in the first place..

Here's a video of the noise;

Does anyone else's do this?

Perhaps it's been in a crash or something? I have no clue. Bought it from Arnold Clark.. So.. Haha

Thanks in advance!

Tom

I don't have this issue on my Fiesta, but on my Mk3 Focus the rear light clusters make exactly the same noise. I don't hear it when driving along so it isn't so annoying but when you open the rear hatch and put your hand on the rear lights then you get the same creaking noise.

The only thing that I can suggest is that when you pull the headlights out you put a light smear of white grease (the same stuff they use on the door catches and hinges) onto the fixing clip and mounting points. It may help.

I don't think it means that there has been accident damage, just plastic against metal!

Tom

I don't have this issue on my Fiesta, but on my Mk3 Focus the rear light clusters make exactly the same noise. I don't hear it when driving along so it isn't so annoying but when you open the rear hatch and put your hand on the rear lights then you get the same creaking noise.

The only thing that I can suggest is that when you pull the headlights out you put a light smear of white grease (the same stuff they use on the door catches and hinges) onto the fixing clip and mounting points. It may help.

I don't think it means that there has been accident damage, just plastic against metal!

Thanks for your reply.

Forgot about that magic white grease! Haha

I'll give that a go

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club